• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little something about you....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • What does it mean when you look up a member’s profile and for business/company it says…… NONE
  • For position it says………… NONE
  • For equipment it says……….. NONE
  • For work description it says ……NONE

I can understand for the most part someone working at someone else’s shop, but don’t your bosses know you’re on here ?? Aren’t you here to learn ??

Are you more afraid of being caught by your employer……. or someone here finding something out about you ??

Redz Signs Inc.

Are you more afraid of being caught by your employer……. or someone here finding something out about you ??[

Yepp Yot GOt that right:goodpost:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have never looked at anyone's profile unless I am trying to find a way to contact them directly.
What people post shows much more about them than any list of qualifications & gear that may or may not be based in reality.

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
GAC...............

I'm not making this into a qualifying issue, in fact, quite the opposite.

People post up all kinds of stuff from how can I make this happen to where can I get this or that..... to how can I make my equipment do this over here or the best.... how much is this ??

Many times, they don't post pictures, explain themselves completely or have a profile where one could go to try to help them.

So, if someone is asking how to print this order or how to laminate these 20 panels..... you don't know where to start because they tell you nothing and they have nothing showing in their profile.

I too, judge most people by what they say, what they don't say and how they do and don't say it. The one thing missing is body language.... that one alone usually tells all. So, if you can't figure out what someone is talking about [because most people can't write worth a chit] how can you help some of them ??

People complain about sharing, grumpy old-timers, trade secrets, know-it-alls, big shots....... and the ones complaining don't even let you knew jack about them.

Just a trend I'm noticing more and more, and especially with many of the new comers. Heck, some of them even delete those sections out completely. Why do they want to take and give nothing in return ??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gino, I hear where you're coming from. All I can say is it isn't because we don't explain ourselves well enough. My view is that some come here, or find once they are here, a community. But most come here looking for a single answer and rarely if ever return. This latter group sees Signs 101 simply as a forum and are suspicious of the basic information requested in our registration form. I've had rejected people email me complaining about their rejection who have the same information, and then some, in their email signatures. Why anyone can't see the benefit of listing their equipment and software is to me a mystery ... but people are very suspicious these days. Perhaps with good reason.

SignManiac

I tend to be more of a wallflower and prefer to be very discreet and keep a low profile. I'm very shy and don't need any undo attention brought to me. I was once stalked by a very attractive female member here and had to delete most of my info for fear of being sexually molested by that super hot sign woman. I just can't handle being a victim.

Si Allen

Today I turned 77 and after 44 years of full time in the sign biz ... I don't worry about what people think of me!

I am now semi retired and willing to help the noobs ... until they get very defensive and start accusing us of not being nicey nice to them!

:omg2:

Msrae

Rae
Haha, I had to go check my profile as well. I would imagine it is like Fred said, people are coming here for one basic answer. Perhaps some of them stay, but then never consider checking their profile again. It is just something a lot of people really never think about once they are into the forum and participating.

Pat Whatley

I admit I'm not important enough for anybody to look up my personal info on here and somehow use it against me. It's all out there....phone numbers, addresses, email, whatever....never been a problem.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Due to that "upper-case Brush Script on an arc" incident in 05 I am in the Sign Writers Relocation Program and have to keep a low profile.

wayne k
guam usa

Dave Drane

Today I turned 77 and after 44 years of full time in the sign biz ... I don't worry about what people think of me!

I am now semi retired and willing to help the noobs ... until they get very defensive and start accusing us of not being nicey nice to them!

:omg2:
Well Si, I am sorry that I have been a bit busy to come on Skype, but let me wish you all the best right here, right now. Many happy returns and I will go and have drink for you.:birthday:
As for the other question I am here for the fun and if I can help someone it is good and I also appreciate the help I have got from tech questions, and also I am one of the longest members here. I have wseen them come and go regularly!

BobM

So now Gino is "PROFILING". May have to move this to NHB.

Filled out the profile and until just now, never looked at it.

A very Happy Birthday to Si Allen. Si, I use your advice everyday.

genericname

...but people are very suspicious these days. Perhaps with good reason.

That's my pet peeve about the industry. I've seen some amazing things come out of the collaboration here at Signs101, and the discussion has helped many figure out and fix parts of their businesses that would have otherwise sunk them. We have a hell of a lot more to gain from sharing our knowledge, rather than hoarding it.

Not everybody who wants to see our shops wants to buy identical equipment and open a cheaper shop next door. Those that do (and they're rare) won't last long, because they can't think for themselves, and if they're going to exploit your experience and knowledge, you can damn well bet they're going to exploit their clients as well.

Jillbeans

I don't even remember what I have on my profile, it's probably sorely out-of-date.
Kinda like that cottage cheese in my fridge.
I rarely look at a profile unless I accidentally click it when trying to PM somebody.
Happy birthday, Si, you old fart.
Love....Jill

Marlene

Why anyone can't see the benefit of listing their equipment and software is to me a mystery .

if they only would, it would cut down on the excessive posts to try to pull the info out of them when tey post an issue.

mine is kind of generic as to company and such as there were some issues a while back with putting too much info out there and that is all I'll say on that as I don't want to point out the why's and such.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You made me curious, so I checked my profile. Yep...I've been "all in" since day one.

JB