• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little something about you....................

WildWestDesigns

Similiar thing with a vehicle forum that I'm a part of, except it was wtih the user's siggy. It just helps having that information without always having to have the user type it out for every post where they are seeking help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You made me curious, so I checked my profile. Yep...I've been "all in" since day one.

JB

See, it's one like yours, if I wanted to send you a PM, I couldn't unless I went about it differently than most others.
If you asked a question and I wanted a little background on you.... I couldn't do it at all.

I don't care who anyone is, what they make or what their real name is.... how can I... or anyone else help a complete stranger.
For all I know, you're really hiding something and don't want to fess up. That's how I view it. Kinda like a 'lurker'.

So, I guess being suspicious of someone can be a two--way street and go both ways. :rock-n-roll:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
See, it's one like yours, if I wanted to send you a PM, I couldn't unless I went about it differently than most others.
If you asked a question and I wanted a little background on you.... I couldn't do it at all.

I don't care who anyone is, what they make or what their real name is.... how can I... or anyone else help a complete stranger.
For all I know, you're really hiding something and don't want to fess up. That's how I view it. Kinda like a 'lurker'.

So, I guess being suspicious of someone can be a two--way street and go both ways. :rock-n-roll:

Not sure I'm following you here...what more is needed?

JB

Sideshow

JB your profile only shows your posts made and threads made. you have it turned off to any other item being viewed is what hes trying to say I guess.

Sideshow

"If you asked a question and I wanted a little background on you.... I couldn't do it at all."
- ever thought of just ASKING???

I mean seriously.. what difference does it make if people fill in profiles? If you cant ask a question for information you need.. rather complain because they don't "list it" prior.. Oh my, that valuable 2 seconds you wasted viewing their profile to find nothing..holy crap, now you gotta type the question to them!!!!????

Gino, you come off as a paranoid individual. you make the thread b***hing about blank profiles, stating how you view it as people hiding s**t, then in another post state you could care less who what or where, and that you wouldnt help anyways? Lay off the dope, not everyone is out to get you. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
- ever thought of just ASKING???

I mean seriously.. what difference does it make if people fill in profiles? If you cant ask a question for information you need.. rather complain because they don't "list it" prior.. Oh my, that valuable 2 seconds you wasted viewing their profile to find nothing..holy crap, now you gotta type the question to them!!!!????

Gino, you come off as a paranoid individual. you make the thread b***hing about blank profiles, stating how you view it as people hiding s**t, then in another post state you could care less who what or where, and that you wouldnt help anyways? Lay off the dope, not everyone is out to get you. lol

Evidently, reading and comprehension skills aren't your best traits.

Marlene

there are times when someone posts something that makes you wonder and I will click on their profile to see if they are a sign shop or what. it may not seem to matter to some but it is helpful. example of this is a person who posts a design the person made and says it's a done deal. it turns out that part of it was taken from a nationally know business. I might click on the profile to see if they are a person with an e-bay "cutter" who makes "stickers" or if this is sign shop that should know better.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Marlene, that's a very good example.

My original thoughts were slightly along those lines, but more geared towards someone that says they can't get this or that printing properly because of this or that and don't indicate what printer they have.... if any at all. Do you know how many times the profiles are so stupid, it makes you not want to help at all ?? There's cute and then there's stupid. What's in your wallet/profile ?? I realize that lots of times it's because they know in their head what they're saying, but don't convey all the pertinent information in written form needed in order to answer or help them. Instead of asking the person, it's easiest to go to their profile and take a look. Now, you get there and they are either too scared to put anything in, or they have some of the dumbest statements there. So, if someone wants to play games and not help themselves.... why should I..... or anyone else waste their time with someone that can't even help themselves ??

Paranoid... yeah, right. We open our shop for a mixer for anyone to attend, we wholesale to 1/2 of the shops in our area and I'm paranoid ?? Give me break.