• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A pound of caulk on lighted cabinet?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Why do people do this shit?

Oh and I took a sign down the other day... The owner put it up himself. It was a fabric, indoor-quality canvas material, mounted on a piece of untreated plywood (because, you know it needs to be sturdy mounted on the awning) with a sheet of clear acrylic over it and silicone all around the edges of the sign and wall. I asked him if the sheet of acrylic was more expensive than the sign itself. He said "you know, it probably was) .... ::sign::

20191108_141149.jpg

ams

I've come across some of those. It's installed by people who have no idea how to install a sign and don't know building or electrical code.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Well, this WAS close to your neck of the woods... Springtown.

They didn't call us. But that isn't unusual. I see trucks out of the Metroplex all the time over here for jobs we could easily handle. People want others to shop local but don't do it themselves.

Around here we have probably 4 shops that don't even pull permits and used whatever non- engineered crap they think will work. Our city will hammer me if I did that, but usually don't do anything to the repeat offenders.