• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A request for help from a non-member

MikePro

well that's a horse of a different color! thanks for the clarification, as I will at least know the difference should it come-in as a spec./request.
"DuraTrans" are not ink jet printed backlits.

DuratTrans are constant tone backlit outputs produced on a photo based imager like a Lightjet or Lambda.

Many clients will not accept inkjet backlits as a Duratrans knock off. They are not even close in quality....

However, I'll still stick by my comment that he shoulda just gotten the duratrans print with his lightbox order ...and instead, most likely went with the lowest bidder who just happened to be the crummiest printer.

phototec

What the chit is duratrans anyways....?

For those like me who come from a photographic background, Duratrans material was manufactured by Kodak an used for brilliant high resolution rear illuminated displays. The photographic material is the same as used for color prints except the base of the material is translucent and not opaque like photographic prints. The Duratrans material is light sensitive and is exposed from a photographic transparency or internagative and than processed in a darkroom using the RA-4 process like many other photographic processes.

Like many things, the name Duratrans has come to be used for any back lite display, but for me nothing compares to the rich saturated colors and high detail you get with a real Duratrans.

http://duratrans.com/

:smile:

Kaiser

For those like me who come from a photographic background, Duratrans material was manufactured by Kodak an used for brilliant high resolution rear illuminated displays. The photographic material is the same as used for color prints except the base of the material is translucent and not opaque like photographic prints. The Duratrans material is light sensitive and is exposed from a photographic transparency or internagative and than processed in a darkroom using the RA-4 process like many other photographic processes.

Like many things, the name Duratrans has come to be used for any back lite display, but for me nothing compares to the rich saturated colors and high detail you get with a real Duratrans.

http://duratrans.com/

:smile:

:thumb: