• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A small printer?

TresL

Yes, the full line of carts are still available from a few sources.

I have several carts and haven't had to order any for while for my MD-5000.

gtcway

I'm looking for a printer for outdoor use. All of the options I've seen so far are at least double what I would like to spend. I guess I need to get out there and try to find more work:Sleeping:

Blazingsun, I've thought about doing something similar to what you're doing but was worried about the longevity for outdoor work. Some of the Epson printers have the pigmented ink instead of the dye, which is supposed to be more fade resistant. I would print on inkjet receptive vinyl, contour cut with Vinyl Master Pro and coat it with Frog juice or similar clearcoat, maybe automotive clearcoat. Having a larger printer, I would be able to offer large prints as well.

Flame

gtcway said:
I'm looking for a printer for outdoor use. All of the options I've seen so far are at least double what I would like to spend. I guess I need to get out there and try to find more work:Sleeping:

Blazingsun, I've thought about doing something similar to what you're doing but was worried about the longevity for outdoor work. Some of the Epson printers have the pigmented ink instead of the dye, which is supposed to be more fade resistant. I would print on inkjet receptive vinyl, contour cut with Vinyl Master Pro and coat it with Frog juice or similar clearcoat, maybe automotive clearcoat. Having a larger printer, I would be able to offer large prints as well.

Forget about getting a printer and start subbing stuff out. I offered digital printing for almost 2 years before I actually bought a printer. Let me build up a nice customer base, let me make good money without actually doing any work, and gave me time to afford new equipment when I DID decide to buy. That's my suggestion.:smile:

mtmdesigns

sol jet

My roland sol jet, sorry to say is the greatest thing that i have used ever...... I mean my plotter is getting less use every day and i hate to say it(i love my graphtec), but i can print a 4 color logo with gradients and cut it on the same machine, worth every penny if you have the biz...

gtcway

I checked Ebay and a Roland PC600 seems like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. I'm going to check into it more and hopefully get a good deal on a used model.