• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A special on select Corel products is going on right now for Adobe users.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Buyers will have to provide the serial number of their CS4 or later product as well as purchase info from the receipt (date of purchase and vendor who sold the software). Corel will then e-mail instructions on how to install the upgrade version of the CorelDRAW X6 suite.

Offer expires August 30, 2013.

John Butto

Thanks for that information, have been using Painter on the Mac for their 30 day free trial and will purchase it now for the upgrade price.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
ironchef said:
While were on the subject, how many pc's can i have x6 on? (Seats) i think you guys call it

Only 1 PC per license. CorelDRAW X6 has an activation system. You can't install multiple copies using the same disc as was possible with older editions of CorelDRAW. Further, with X6 you need to create a Corel user account if you don't have one already. They make you sign in when you want to download updates.

fmg said:
Why no Corel Draw on the Mac platform anymore?

They tried it a decade ago, with CorelDRAW 11 if I recall correctly. The Mac version of CorelDRAW didn't sell well enough so they stopped making a Mac version. If there is enough backlash against Adobe regarding Creative Cloud they might reconsider their Windows-only philosophy and develop a native Mac version.

WildWestDesigns

Only 1 PC per license. CorelDRAW X6 has an activation system. You can't install multiple copies using the same disc as was possible with older editions of CorelDRAW.

Thankfully that isn't quite true for us Wilcom users.

Further, with X6 you need to create a Corel user account if you don't have one already. They make you sign in when you want to download updates.

Thankfully there hasn't been a need for me to download updates. I hate having to create an account when I don't think it should be necessary.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm curious how many people will sign up for that and get
rid of their Creative Cloud account.

I have Corel so this is no big deal to me, but once they went
with the 1 seat deal and had everyone catch up on the upgrades
on the software, that sorta irked me a tiny bit.

You still get to load Adobe's CC on 2 computers so it's not a
bad deal, but I prefer having the choice of having the box/disks
in my possession. I don't doubt in a few upgrades, Corel will do
the same.

royster13

I'm curious how many people will sign up for that and get
rid of their Creative Cloud account.

IMO, very few.....If one uses the whole Adobe Suite, Corel has a very long way to go to catch up.....Maybe for those just using Illustrator & Photoshop it will be tempting.....

WildWestDesigns

IMO, very few.....If one uses the whole Adobe Suite, Corel has a very long way to go to catch up.....Maybe for those just using Illustrator & Photoshop it will be tempting.....

That's the key thing right there. If they need to use the whole suite, you can't beat the CC price. If you don't need anything more then Design (Production) Premium, it's not as good of a deal as you would think.

royster13

You can go on and on about how bad of deal it is.....I on the other hand think it is a great deal even if you only need 1 program....Only time will tell if Adobe made a good move......So far they have over 600,000 subscribers and are happy with that for now....

Techman

Only 1 PC per license. CorelDRAW X6 has an activation system. You can't install multiple copies using the same disc as was possible with older editions of CorelDRAW

Glad this was posted because I was just thinking about getting X6..

It that is true then... That will be the end of it for me then.
If at the very least I cannot use it at the office and then use it home or vice versa with the same license I do not need it. Tying one copy to one machine is the downfall to too many products. I have no desire to fight all these restrictions.

Even with art cam you can use the software anywhere. Just have to carry that stupid dongle around.
Vectric Aspire costing 4 times as much uses a more liberal license using a serial number so that one install and use it on two machines.

WildWestDesigns

Even with art cam you can use the software anywhere. Just have to carry that stupid dongle around.
Vectric Aspire costing 4 times as much uses a more liberal license using a serial number so that one install and use it on two machines.

That's pretty much the way it is with Wilcom as well.

Joe Diaz

Don't worry. Last I heard it was: 3 installations of one licensed copy are allowed with a limitation to use one at a time. Not sure if that has changed though. Let me look into it for you.

Joe Diaz

It looks like it depends on the version, and there are some limitations depending on what country you are in (?) The advice given is to check the EULA of the version you have or want.

This is from the Senior Director, Product Management at Corel.

"
As a general rule, a box or download version of CorelDRAW is licensed to a single user, not to a single machine, e.g. the product is for your personal use on your computer, not to be shared with multiple co-workers / friends.
- Gérard"

:thumb:

Edit: Opps Looks like royster beat me to the EULA part.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've been wondering if Corel might try something like this. Double check my math, but it looks like the upgrade is $189 +$9.00 to get the boxed set shipped via FedEx. Offer is good until August 31, 2013. It represents a savings of nearly $300. Sounds very tempting. JB

ironchef

Please advise, i have two pcs at work, and thinking about buying the surface pro and using x6 on it, so i can install on all three, one at a time is all i need, thanks