• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

About Subscription Software...

How do you feel about subscription based software?

• Like it

• Hate it

• No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

AKwrapguy

Thanks to both you and AKwrapguy. I'm on it tomorrow. I can count the times we've used those added business features on one hand.

Was also looking at the Adobe site and apparently they have 3 options for individual subscriptions.

$599.99 if you pay the whole year in full.
$52.99 if you sign up for the year but pay monthly
$79.00 if your only paying monthly, no commitment.

TimToad

Was also looking at the Adobe site and apparently they have 3 options for individual subscriptions.

$599.99 if you pay the whole year in full.
$52.99 if you sign up for the year but pay monthly
$79.00 if your only paying monthly, no commitment.

Well, I've been on chat with Adobe for well over an hour and despite a few little bumps in the road, we were able to switch all of our licenses from "team" to individual and our rep helped us avoid any cancellation fees.

Thanks again for shining the spotlight on other options.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, I've been on chat with Adobe for well over an hour and despite a few little bumps in the road, we were able to switch all of our licenses from "team" to individual and our rep helped us avoid any cancellation fees.

Thanks again for shining the spotlight on other options.

How much did you save over 1 year in that 1 hour chat? Consider calling up your TV, Internet and Phone Provider, and Insurance and hussle them down...it's easy!

TimToad

How much did you save over 1 year in that 1 hour chat? Consider calling up your TV, Internet and Phone Provider, and Insurance and hussle them down...it's easy!

About $1,200 per year. That's a lot of beers after work.

It's a little more complicated than that because we're not changing the apps we subscribe to, just how they were being billed. The whole "team" membership thing is only worth it for bigger organizations and those that share a lot of the content through the cloud.

For one, we didn't "hussle" anybody but I like the Texas twang you added to it. We Chicagoans pronounce three "tree".

We just altered our licenses to reflect our needs better. The features we were paying $27 per month more per user for weren't being used so its more a matter of trying something and realizing that it wasn't cost effective and switching. Our internet, TV and phone provider offers an annual rate "checkup" and we take advantage of it to make sure we're getting the best deal we can.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I usually call my monthly bills once a year. Once I get a person on the phone I immediately say I want to cancel, so I can get transferred to retention... they are the department that can offer the best deals.

TimToad

I usually call my monthly bills once a year. Once I get a person on the phone I immediately say I want to cancel, so I can get transferred to retention... they are the department that can offer the best deals.
Hopefully your customers won't start calling you asking for your "retention" department.;)