• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

about to purchase used sp540v

should i be worried black head is going bad on this machine

we printed a sample and i dont like the lines on this print

any advice out there or is this normal

maybe a minor cleaning will do

im getting a heck of a deal so i dont want to refuse it??

Attachments

• roland test.jpg
    roland test.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 73

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That looks more like the front end of a truck then a Roland printer.

Oh, I get it now..... that's the print. I don't see any lines. Get it..... I can't see any imperfections from my house. :toasting:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
im getting a heck of a deal so i dont want to refuse it??

if your not buying new, then this is about as good as your gonna get. new heads are always in the horizon when you start printing, so don't worry about it. use it as a reason to chew them down even further....

the real question is are you gonna make money with this or is it 'somethiing i always wanted' or 'wanted to get into' or 'can expand our offering' so on and so forth....

if you got the cash and can make cash with it, get it. if you want it just to have one, think about it some more.....

Ponto

if your not buying new, then this is about as good as your gonna get. new heads are always in the horizon when you start printing, so don't worry about it. use it as a reason to chew them down even further....

the real question is are you gonna make money with this or is it 'somethiing i always wanted' or 'wanted to get into' or 'can expand our offering' so on and so forth....

if you got the cash and can make cash with it, get it. if you want it just to have one, think about it some more.....

...yeah, what he said...and the lines may be as simple as a feed problem relating to media and profile selection

JP

well we have printed other pics and rest of colors look sharp its just the black that has some thin lines; but i guess its quality of pic

i hope i should be ok; thanks for all your help it seems no one is watching something they dont like; so that is a good thing

thanks guys

Have a tech look at the history report, show a test print (this may show the scratches on the head in the service test print). Either way, figure about $1,000 to replace the head with labor and a good general service/alignment for the printer.