• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Acceptable Clear spray coat over UV inks

Inks

Whenever combining two separate parts of a project, if you put one or two dry coats down first, you can then go over it til your heart's content as heavy as you like. Those dry coats will set up quickly, but still let them cure an hour or so before pounding it with full blown coats of anything.
I worked for Nazdar for year

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good for you. Does that have any significance to the storyline going on here ??

I bought almost all of my screen ink from them, back in the 70s, 80s and into the 90s. Got my first solvent printer from Nazdar. In fact, I bought about the first one they ever sold in 2005.... anyway in the Philly area.. They were very new to printing in the digital word at that time and were just getting their feet wet.

Inks

Gino,

Based on the poster above mentioning a solvent base clear coat over the UV coating. Intercoat adhesion would need to be established. Let's assume the initial UV coating is cured, gassed off for the desired time and passed the cross hatch and tape test. Then the clear can be applied and when the solvent has evaporated and it passes the adhesion test - all systems go! Of course there may be residual solvent that makes the coating film soft. That is why your recommendation of Clearshield
Good for you. Does that have any significance to the storyline going on here ??

I bought almost all of my screen ink from them, back in the 70s, 80s and into the 90s. Got my first solvent printer from Nazdar. In fact, I bought about the first one they ever sold in 2005.... anyway in the Philly area.. They were very new to printing in the digital word at that time and were just getting their feet wet.
Sorry it didn't take the whole story sent in error as a partial post, i was there for 25 years and know the history. I was going to post about intercoat adhesion between coating but think i will just shut up now

spectrum maine

matthews clear works excellent. once i applied the decal and cleared on the truck (masked off outside areas) big mistake. a few years later i had to remove that decal and it was permanently applied to the truck. Spray clear on the decal and let it dry for a few days before applying. only needs 1 dust coat and 1 medium coat. same with clear shield.