• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive Remover

carter75

I am semi-new to the site. I just stalked around without joining and reading threads at first but have since joined, obviously, and have really enjoyed reading and learning some new things on here. My question is, what are some of the different types of products you use to remove adhesive left behind after removing the vinyl? One shop that I worked at made their own mixture and it consisted of around 1.5 qts of Xylol, 1.5 qts of Paint Thinner and 1 qt or so of denatured alcohol. The stuff removed adhesive like lightning but you had to wear plastic gloves and be well ventilated so you didn't pass out. Anyone else have any "recipes" of their own that they use?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Depends what it's on obviously, but...

Rapid Remover
Robinson lighter fluid
MEK

...all work really well.

401Graphics

I am semi-new to the site. I just stalked around without joining and reading threads at first but have since joined, obviously, and have really enjoyed reading and learning some new things on here. My question is, what are some of the different types of products you use to remove adhesive left behind after removing the vinyl? One shop that I worked at made their own mixture and it consisted of around 1.5 qts of Xylol, 1.5 qts of Paint Thinner and 1 qt or so of denatured alcohol. The stuff removed adhesive like lightning but you had to wear plastic gloves and be well ventilated so you didn't pass out. Anyone else have any "recipes" of their own that they use?
Sounds harsh. I use GrafxGone (citrus based remover). Or CrystalTec ultra remover, which i found to be to harsh and leaves marks on painted surfaces, and also smells like a diaper. Sometimes i use alcohol if i dont have a citrus based remover around.

visual800

rapid remover all the way. Of all the methods and products Ive tried this one is the ONLY one Ill use and I swear by it

Techman

ya, chemically,,, the benzine ring is almost identical to your DNA carbon ring. A perfect way to cause a genetic mutation. Yup, good stuff.. If you want to grow another appendage.

artbot

depends on what you're trying to remove. buytl cellosolve will get inside a sticky pressure sensitive adhesive and turns it into boogers of rubber. also it has no cutting ability so you can wipe it on just about anything.

Pat Whatley

ya, chemically,,, the benzine ring is almost identical to your DNA carbon ring. A perfect way to cause a genetic mutation. Yup, good stuff.. If you want to grow another appendage.

Might grow another appendage....might turn into one of the X-Men. Sometimes you've got to weigh the risk/reward.

Felix Sepulveda

Hi all, Well My post is a similar question. I'm new to using a laminator and I got a lot of adhesive from a laminate (jam) in the botton roller of my laminator. Which are your recommendations (product) for cleaning the roll without damaging it ? thanks a lot in advance

Suz

+ on the Rapid Remover (citrus based), and since I'm a screenprinter and have this on-hand: Franmar Icky Sticky Unstuck (soy based), or Goo Gone (citrus based and you can get it at the grocery store), or believe it or not, peanut butter (!) which you probably already have. :)

Of course you might not want to use Peanut Butter on something you are working on for a Customer, but I have used it on some of my own things when I was out of everything else. Hey, it takes gum out of a kid's hair, Mom showed me that. LOL!

Ohsigns

This is our best weapon

My 50 years in the business we found DS4 from denco to be the best and its safe for :signs101: YouHoverrossi@gmail.complastics too,.. Ive cleaned solid sheets of glue from lexan withease

signage

Just a question has anyone ever tried Adhesive OFF? Does it work as good as Rapid Remover or is it a waste of time?