• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe CS4 Stonehenge Extended - Leaked

Techman

the person who leaked it can be traced.. Every copy has a unique number. Especially for beta testers.

Replicator

I guess the only real point I was trying to make

was that I hope there's more to it than just better Vista support . . . !

GK

According to one of the people who was showing CS4 off at Photoshop World the main improvement will be the 64-bit for Windows operating systems. They are releasing the 64-bit Mac edition later on because Apple had problems with Carbon 64. As far as it being leaked...its been leaked since November 07.

FrankenSigns.biz

If I may put in my 2¢ worth. There has been occasions when I have transferred Photoshop from an old to a new PC. If not properly activated the splashscreens can be quite unorthodox. I don't have a screen shot of the last one I got before Adobe helped me fix it. PhotoShops splashscreen was a program called SpaceMonkey complete with professional SpaceMonkey logo art and everything. I kid you not.

Rooster

The OSX version (maybe PC too I'm not sure) will also receive graphics cards acceleration.

It will use the processor on your graphics card to augment the main processor in your box, in processor intensive situations.

SignBurst PCs

The OSX version (maybe PC too I'm not sure) will also receive graphics cards acceleration.

It will use the processor on your graphics card to augment the main processor in your box, in processor intensive situations.

I don't think that this is entirely true. If it is, Adobe is not admitting to it and they are blatantly denying that it is already present in CS3. I have seen this rumor a number of times, but I have never seen anything to support it.

From Jack Nacks blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/05/oct_1.html

"In addition to repeating the date, Electronista is inventing new details (e.g. "CS3 has already had limited support for graphics processing units (GPUs) for certain filters"; sorry, no; "An upcoming wave of video cards with special physics processing will also help, Adobe explains"; nope, didn't say that; and more). Where do people get this stuff? It's particularly annoying to see made-up info presented as a response from Adobe--to questions that were never asked. (Contacting Adobe PR, or me directly, to confirm some detail isn't exactly tough.)"

GB2

Old Member
Hmm...since you are on the subject of a pending version CS4 in a techno stratosphere maybe I can ask a simple question directly, as suggested. Casey...is this a good time to upgrade to CS3 on XPPro operating systems or should a person wait for something else that may be pending? Thanks!

SignBurst PCs

That is an interesting question, and not a simple one.

What version are you using now?

Does your current versions do everything that you need?

Why are you thinking about upgrading?

Just to clear something up, those were Jack's words, not mine.

Replicator

I've have since learned that the leaked version of CS4 is a hoax . . .

It is really just CS3 with the screen loading image and credits changed . . . HeHeHe !

GB2

Old Member
Well, I didn't mean to take this thread off in a personal direction but I now have what I think is referred to as CS1 and it is doing everything I need however, I always try to keep my software in a fairly current state, it seems the longer you put it off it develops into a bigger problem and bigger expense. The primary reason for upgrading at this time is that I'm now starting to get too many files from customers and designers that are in a newer version than I have. Now I have to stop, contact them, ask for a new copy in an older version, etc. This is not very professional nor efficient so, it is time to upgrade. The only question now, which only came to mind due to this thread otherwise I'd have placed the order tomorrow, is do I go forward now or wait a short period of time for a pending newer version? Thanks!

SignBurst PCs

You know, it all depends on your situation.

I wouldn't want to have to ask customers for a file saved in an older version. If nothing else, it just looks bad.

To my knowledge, Adobe has not released a date for CS4. I am eagerly awaiting, but I don't have the crystal ball. If it were me, and this is just my opinion, I would do whatever it takes to ensure that my customers view me as a professional. I know that software doesn't make you a pro, but perception is HUGE.

GB2

Old Member
No release date yet in your knowledgeable and respected opinion...that's about the answer...Thanks Casey!