• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

adobe illustrator training

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
does anyone now of a good webinar or a good training video or book. i can find my way around illustrator. but i beleive there is so much i am missing on there due to it being such a vast program, i checked my local schools and collages. no one really offers a class where i can just take that coarse with out a ton others to chase a degree or something. let me know any help would be appreciated :notworthy:

Freese

What are you ultimately trying to do?

Just poke around with the tools on the left and the menu on top.

Let me know what you really want to learn I will try to find you some tutorials or tell you a good way to pick it up fast.

petepaz

when we bought our first version of illustrator a million years ago we got training from the place we bought the software from not sure if that is still available but maybe try a local computer store or software dealer they may be able to help you or point you in the right direction

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
adobe illustrator

Vectorizing mainly. I do not print or anything like that. I just cut for my business. And most of the time when customers give me there logos they are saved wrong or wrong format. Then i have to pay someone to vectorize it or if its basic enough i can fumble through it. I get by with some youtube videos. I would like to know more about it and not have to rely on others or pay others to do work i can most likely learn to do myself. Save time and more profit!!

garisimo

Von Glitschka is the Man

I can't say enough great things about this illustrator -- I found his site (http://www.illustrationclass.com/) years ago through drawn.ca (also a great site for daydreaming). His new book, Vector Basic Training, is a great resource -- it was delivered yesterday and will be one of the reference materials I will be using for an Illustrator workshop in a couple weeks. But you don't have to buy anything to get a wealth of information from his site -- there are many step-by-step examples of how he creates his art that will inspire and give you direction.

Good luck in your efforts!

WildWestDesigns

Another one for lynda.com. It helped me quite a bit. I "re-enrolled" not too long ago when I got the new CS5 Suite since I hadn't messed with a couple of programs since they were still with Macromedia and I hadn't used InDesign before at all. Once you get going, it's not that bad, with me it was just getting over that initial "hump".

Good Luck.

iSign

I can't say enough great things about this illustrator -- I found his site (http://www.illustrationclass.com/) years ago through drawn.ca (also a great site for daydreaming). His new book, Vector Basic Training, is a great resource -- it was delivered yesterday and will be one of the reference materials I will be using for an Illustrator workshop in a couple weeks. But you don't have to buy anything to get a wealth of information from his site -- there are many step-by-step examples of how he creates his art that will inspire and give you direction.

Good luck in your efforts!

Thanks!!
This does look inspiring!

I get by, but I've felt for years that I was missing a lot of potential for both efficiency & just adding depth & variation to my work, through better tools (or better understanding of those tools)

royster13

Lynda gave me a great start.....But now when I am stuck I Google videos and can get a couple different spins.....

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
adobe traing

Thanks yall. great stuff here!!. I can always count on you guys for great info on anything. Really appreciate it!!!:U Rock: