• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Upgrades Ending

WildWestDesigns

EXACTLY!. I look at this whole thing as like leasing a car....I despise leasing a car. It just doesnt make sense to me. I dont like the idea of something or someone owning my a$$. If you go with subscription anything could happen and you are now dependent on that subscription...Ill keep my disk thank you very much

Leasing does make sense, it just depends on your use of the item. Long term versus short term (this can apply to both software and your car analogy).

If you just use Design or Production Premium (or Design Standard for that matter) for your workflow and don't need the other programs for your work then in 7 years, you'll be paying more for your subscription then you would if you upgrade your Adobe software every new release (based on current price structure, this is subject to change and probably will within that 7 yrs time and based on if you are just now starting out, if you qualify for upgrade pricing for both types of products, that changes the ROI on sticking with "hard copies" by a year(shorter)). However, for short term, it would be cheaper for you to do the subscription model.

I also don't like the fact that if I decided to stop doing this (for whatever reason, but I would like to think I would survive another 7 yrs at least), then I would have to continue to pay when I wanted to tinker with something just for myself (or maybe for friends and family). However, that's just me.

CES020

You can open CS6 files in Corel? Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you had to save down all cs files 2-3 versions depending on which Corel you are on.

I was speaking more from a legacy point of view, just that your files wouldn't be useless and with each new release, you'd have more and more access.

Having said that, I'm running CS6 and CorelDraw X5 and I just want back to the shop and opened up a number of CS6 files using the "open" button in Corel (Not importing) and they opened just fine. Most are just flat work, 1 had a gradient and drop shadow, and even that one opened right up and looked great.

Actually I'm glad I tried it and know it works. I can use that in the future!

idsignsil

Thanks for all of the info everyone. It is good to know that I can open Adobe files in Corel if the need arises.

jkdbjj

If you are a sign shop and can't afford 50/month maybe there are other problems aside from Adobe making a new business model.
Adobe needs to survive just like the rest of us, and this will help them, the product is awesome, so I don't get the big deal. 50/month???

Anyway, carry on...