• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Upgrades Ending

SignBurst PCs

"We want to make sure you're aware of an important change to Adobe's upgrade policy that may affect you.

Beginning January 1, 2013, only Creative Suite customers with licenses for CS5 or CS5.5 versions will qualify for upgrade pricing to CS6.

Due to this change, we will only continue offering CS3 and CS4 customers like you special upgrade pricing through December 31, 2012."

If you have any questions or want to upgrade your older versions before the deadline, give me a shout and I can get you taken care of.

sar bossier

Hey, Casey! I sent you a PM last week, never heard from you. Did you get it? BTW, thanks for the information re: Adobe

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Been a faithful "upgrader" since CS, but I think this is where I get off the bus....Gerber Omega is looking better all the time.

JB

Charlie J

I'm bitter about the upgrades. To me, CS 5.5 was a b.s. upgrade and I don't feel that I should have to pay for it. So for me to upgrade to CS6, I have to pay for two upgrades.

SignBurst PCs

Just a reminder for those on the fence about the deadline.

We can get you Creative Cloud subscriptions as well as full product licenses as we are Adobe Certified Resellers.

TheSnowman

I'm still on CS2. I don't know how how Corel works, but I don't hear about as much upgrade moaning it seems like coming from the other side. Then again, the old school Gerber on my Packard Bell 486 running Windows 95 is always a good option too!

CES020

I was one of those complaining about the subscription model. I also felt I almost couldn't afford to pass up the $29.99 a month price for a year to give it a try.

I can't express how thrilled I am with the cloud side of it all. Most of my concerns were completely unfounded. All software is installed locally and nothing is stored exclusively in the cloud (that I know of). If I make a file on my desktop, I can open my laptop at home and access the file. The cloud shows up just like another drive.

Plus it's given me load of other software that is very powerful, which has given us some ideas on different things we could be doing.

I'm VERY happy with it.

The announced more cloud user only updates to things yesterday. Now you can create your website on Muse, click a tab, and it'll change the design to tablet, then click on another one for mobile. You can share and use assets across platforms. It's very slick.

idsignsil

For those of you that are on the subscription for the cloud I have some questions.

1: Can you pay annually? - I know you can do it every month
2: Does it have to be automatically deducted from a card?
3: What will you do when Adobe jacks the price up?
(I know it is only $50/month, but what happens when it is $100/month or $200/month? Do you just suck it up and pay?

If they keep raising the prices and a person can't pay, then you can't open files. So, do you save everything down to the previous version that you have a physical disk for? Just wondering what others are thinking.....sorry for the :thread

CES020

For those of you that are on the subscription for the cloud I have some questions.

(I know it is only $50/month, but what happens when it is $100/month or $200/month? Do you just suck it up and pay?

If they keep raising the prices and a person can't pay, then you can't open files. So, do you save everything down to the previous version that you have a physical disk for? Just wondering what others are thinking.....sorry for the :thread

I think you can pay all at once. It's been a couple months since I signed up, but I think you had the option to pay all at once.

I don't remember if it lets it prompt you each month or if it's automatic.

I don't think it's going to $100 a month in the next few years, so I don't worry about it.

You can always open Adobe files with most Corel programs, so if you did lose the ability to have access to it because you stopped paying, you'd still have the files and a number of other programs will open them.

The video editing stuff that comes with it is amazing. Premiere with After Effects is really really cool stuff.

Techman

Remember when Quick books had a price of $70 year for the tax updates? Now its over $300..

Same subscription model. Same mindset.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You can always open Adobe files with most Corel programs, so if you did lose the ability to have access to it because you stopped paying, you'd still have the files and a number of other programs will open them.

You can open CS6 files in Corel? Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you had to save down all cs files 2-3 versions depending on which Corel you are on.

cgsigns_jamie

Remember when Quick books had a price of $70 year for the tax updates? Now its over $300..

Same subscription model. Same mindset.

This is the same reason why I bought a physical copy of CS6. Intuit screws us over with all the paid updates that are mandatory. I don't need to add adobe to that list.

Adobe emailed me a survey yesterday dealing with this. I answered I'd never use subscription based software and there was no way to convince me.

tomence

You can open CS6 files in Corel? Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you had to save down all cs files 2-3 versions depending on which Corel you are on.

You are right you have to save it few version down, but as far as i can tell Corel
does not like AI files, sometimes not even EPS files.

WildWestDesigns

You are right you have to save it few version down, but as far as i can tell Corel
does not like AI files, sometimes not even EPS files.

It depends on what is in the Ai files. I run CS5 and X5 and don't have an issue opening CS5 as long as the files are "basic". Its when Corel has to interprete a lot of special effects that it seems to hang up on in my experience anyway.

visual800

If they keep raising the prices and a person can't pay, then you can't open files.

EXACTLY!. I look at this whole thing as like leasing a car....I despise leasing a car. It just doesnt make sense to me. I dont like the idea of something or someone owning my a$$. If you go with subscription anything could happen and you are now dependent on that subscription...Ill keep my disk thank you very much