• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe/versaworks/cutlines/problems!!

vectorterrorist

Now its my turn to have major problems. I have been making mx graphics just fine for the last 3 months and now this particular set is giving me problems.

I have Adobe Cs3 and when I convert the stroke to the roland (pink cutline) and change the miter to 1 and the other to .25 thats all good. My issue I am having is somoen told me to flatten the transparency to make the "marching ants show up when I open the file in versa. Problem is when I flatten it I am getting weird results witht he colors (yellows being to shades....lines in the art work appearing out of no where)

so is there a way for me to correct this or a method to use to get my cutline to show up WITHOUT flattening the image transparency? please take me step by step...this is really making me :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

luggnut

in the eps dialog.. under transparency click the custom button and there is a check box for convert all strokes to outlines that is checked by default. i've had problems were i had to uncheck that box so it would leave the strokes as is.

i've only had issues when i had used effects in illy like drop shadows or place a psd in illy and gave it a cutline.

now i don't have versaworks so this may not help you but it could?

rwinninger

Had this problem several times, one day i cut the file opened a new workspace pasted did a resave, it to my surprise it worked.

anotherdog

here is the workaround solution.

Create two files, one is your print file, one is your cut file. As long as they are identical sizes and both have the print/cut marks you will be fine.

You can even have these in the same file, just turn on and off different layers.

otherwise... set the printer to go back to origin after print then run the cut file.