• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advertising in newspaper/my ad is posted. Would like to post a clipart sign or illust

kevin3vd1

Advertising in newspaper/a home show/my ad is posted. Would like to REPLACE THE ARTWORK ON THE LEFT WITH a clipart sign or illustrator File that shows i sell signs.
Ideas from anyone?

Attachments

• Kevs SignsDesign.pdf
    287.8 KB · Views: 132

jiarby

I had 1x2" inline dieplay ad for a while with our retail store.... I noticed we started getting calls about A-Frames because of the image in the ad.

Put something in the ad that you want to sell... The chalkboard looking coffee thing doesn't leap out at me as a sign.

Attachments

• 3-24-2010 4-07-06 PM.jpg
    3-24-2010 4-07-06 PM.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 58

jiarby

Maybe some kind of "Call To Action"... Ad guys rave about that! The guy needs a sign, he is looking at the book (with you and all your competitors). Give him a reason to call YOU... don't just puke your brochure bullets (like all the rest of the ads are doing too)

"Call Now about EDU & MILITARY Discount"
"Mention this ad for 10% off"
"Ask about our monthly special"
"Blowout Sale!!"
"We'll beat any quote from Fast Signs, Sign*A*Rama (list 1 or 2 competitors)... Call for details!"

Or simple tag lines.

"Great Prices & Quality Work!"
"Home of the Peeing Calvin"
"A business with no sign is a sign of no business!"

Don't try to make the ad do too much. It's job is to make the phone ring, not make the sale. People are not going to read it like it was a catalog or brochure. Only put stuff in there that will make the phone ring.

"Business & Personal Signs"?? Just like everyone else! What the heck does that mean? It doesn't contribute value to the ad. "Hey Martha... didn't you say you needed a personal sign?? Look at this guy here.... he specializes in personal signs."

signmeup

Here. Now lots more people will look at your image.
I think you should change the graphic you have. It looks like you sell hot drinks. Maybe you don't need a graphic at all?

Attachments

• BusinessSigns.jpg
    BusinessSigns.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 48

signmeup

I didn't even read the tag line! I just saw "SIGNS" and the coffee offer and your name at the bottom. Maybe the tag line should go under "SIGNS". Not sure what a "personal use" sign is either.

Mosh

Wasting your money! If you have to resort to ads, you need to be making better signs. I have never paid one penny on advertising in 22 years (we used to do the yellow pages but dropped it). Word of mouth is the best advertising there is and it is FREE! Ah, you make signs right, just make yourself some signs and show what you can do! Signs are the best ad's money can buy!!!!! They work 24-7. Or do you tell you customers, I can make you a sign, but to get noticed place an ad in this deal. ????? What!

BTW the layout you had didn't draw any attention, so I rest my case on wasting your money.
Spent that cash on some new SIGNS or BANNERS, they will pay off way more in the long run!!!!

Techman

the tag line is not a good one.
A tag line is not some catchy phrase.

A tag line is actually what some call the audio logo. The tag line is supposed to say what you do in such a way that it causes pople to ask another question..

S

scarface

I tried ads like this when i first started for about 6 months, got 2 calls, 1 guy wanting a job LOL and another asking "how much is a sign" and wanted me to give him the letters to put on the sign which didn't go through.

It's expensive and does not work IMO.

Lunatic Taskbar

Try standing out differently from each and every other yellow pages ad.

Instead of trying to show how different you are in a small ad. turn the ad into a way to get more calls than everyone else.

Create an ad that says "if you want the 10 things you MUST know before buying a sign from an industry insider" "Call or email for our 100% free report.

The when they call or email, email them back your pre-done pdf file as many pages as you want, with 10 things you must know. and on all those pages you can say We do this and we do that. it then gives you a much more focused customer.

They are much more likely to call for a free report than to shop on price. this also sets you aside as an expert in the industry.

You don't just have to use this technique in the yellow pages, any ad be it in the newspaper etc. Try it.

Just my 0.02

Ian

signmeup

If you have to resort to ads, you need to be making better signs. They work 24-7. Or do you tell your customers, I can make you a sign, but to get noticed place an ad in this deal.
Mosh, that's a great piece of advice.

CentralSigns

Make sure you make a coupon, it's the only way to tell if your massage is getting out. Our local paper has a business card section for $150 a month, takes most businesses about 6 months to figure out it doesn't work. Know about 5 that have told me they wasted their time. A way of gaging the add like a coupon is very important.