• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on printhead change

toomeycustoms

Machine is a SC-545ex. Our black head nozzle check is not printing well. We have changed out all 6 captops, wipers and scraper. We have soaked the head multiple times and even overnight with little change in the nozzle check. We just had a dx4 printhead overnighted and plan on swapping the head out over the weekend. Anyone have any advice/tips on the swap?

Here is my plan of action:

1. Pump up(In ink control menu) the B group to remove ink
2. Input head rank. I noticed on my replacement there are 5 lines of text. Are all 5 lines entered or just the first one? If all 5, there seem to be spaces and periods, is that normal?
3. Unplug machine from wall
4. Remove covers and unplug cables and dampers.
5. Remove spring on head and then remove 3 screws
6. Affix new head to adapter
7. Install head, install spring and then cables and dampers.
8. Plug in machine and go into service mode.
9. Go into ink control menu and select head replace b group.
10. Perform head alignment and clear head info.

FrankW

You should replace the dampers too when replacing the head. You do not need to pump up the ink, it costs ink, as long as you don't press the membranes of the damper by mistake, no ink will drop. If removing the damper from the tubes while turning the damper upside down regularly no ink will drop out of the tube even if you let them hang down afterwards because regularly the ink will be sucked back to the cartridge (not valid for machines like the VP540).

If you are unshure about the head rank look at the current values. Head Rank have to be entered completely including the spacec.

FrankW

And: I personally use a syringe connected to the appropriate cap top tube to refill the ink line again up to the head. pump up and refill by the machine will effect 2 colors, a big waste of ink.

dgpartsmall

please try to clean your printhead for many times and try to print to test.

Last edited by a moderator: