• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on sandblasted mdo sign

Stormyj

Just another guy
Hi all,
Im mounting a sandblasted sign mdo, 48"x96"x1.5" on the side of a building with vinyl siding with plywood underneath. The previous sign, 36"x96" was mounted with straight screws through the sign and into the side of building. Seems a bit unprofessional. How would you guys mount this sign. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Jim

Billct2

I hope you meant HDU. Since sandblasted signs are usually at least 2.5" thick you can use brackets into the edge, studs on the back or a cleat

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
As was already mentioned, studs or brackets. If it's in full sun, I'd put a rigid backer (.063" aluminum) behind it, too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Take the easy way out. Screws straight through the face of the sign, incorporate them in strategic parts and put a plug in it as a decorative rosette kinda deal. You can even charge more for that deal.