• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ADVICE, Please?

sar bossier

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! A while back I posted about wrapping buses for the movie, Olympus Has Fallen, in which one of the buses was gonna get blown up. Well, they "blew" it up last week, but the director decided he didn't like the way the scene went, so they are re-shooting the scene. Apparently, most of the bus, and graphics is intact, except for the passenger side of the bus, which they want re-done. I printed the 37' run on Avery 1005 EZRS, but my husband seems to think we could get away with laminating this with Oracal 210 gloss lam, since it will VERY shortly get "blown up" again ... My question is:

YES, or NO?

:thankyou::signs101::U Rock:

CanuckSigns

were there any curves in the last install?

if they are willing to pay to do it in the avery again, I would do that, but if they want it done for less money, I would consider it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you should replace with what you did the first time. That's what was sold to them, so that is what they are expecting. Whatever design time you had in it, should be removed this time around. I don't think of this as advice, but more a common sense issue.

sar bossier

Ok, maybe I worded this wrong - they DID cheap me, a LOT. I wasn't asking to rip anyone off, I am doing this for pretty much dirt, SO: The side of the bus if flat, other than semi flat rivets, about the size of nickels, which are spaced about 6 feet apart, and run down 3' or so. This is the 3rd time we have done the same panel, so it has 2 layers of vinyl already (their request). We THOUGHT this was a done deal, since they already "blew" it, so I didn't have time to get the vinyl we used last 2 times. I was simply asking the question as my husband stated it ... (HIS wording in the first post).

Techman

Having been on several movies sets. They need and love continuity. They do not like bloopers. Make it the same as last time. Because,, you or they do not know what footage they will use from either shoot.