• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

advice

dortonracing

This is going to be the trailer we take racing and setup a little booth at the race with, let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 89

dortonracing

the tread plate isn't going to be that big there going to be small life size i made picture smaller and didn't think about them

Jillbeans

The font choices are really atrocious.
The swoosh/oval has been done to death.
I think the big diamond plate is the best thing on there.
I also think what circleville means is that all you will be getting from the looks of that thing are people who want cheap race car numbers, stick figure families, and peeing Calvins.
Love....Jill

Circleville Signs

Dorton,

I've been in this business for a while - and a lot of people here were in this before I was born.

There are two kinds of race customers.

1. The person owns a car, and wants you to wrap it/provide graphics in exchange for him allowing you the privilege of putting your logo on said car.

2. This person owns a car, and knows someone who has a sign shop who will do it for the cost of the vinyl + some beer. Would you be willing to do the same thing?

Those are the only types of race track customers there are - unless you are working with NASCAR teams....

dortonracing

I dont do racecars, i do ATV/MX/SXS graphics, I am doing the plaques for a couple of series in my state and do alot of the guys graphic kits as well, we plan on going to deliever the plaques and also do some racing as well. I agree the racecar stuff is stupid i run them guys off every year when they come by asking for stuff.

Mosh

Looks like the other 20 "sticker" guys that go to races....try something to stand out from the cround, this looks cookie-cutter at best. "MX guy" and "race car guy" are all cut from the same cloth...sorry not good customers either driving a car or a bike....

dortonracing

i guess it depends on what market your in, you cant say there is no money in donig atv/mx graphics because thats what i do and i have good luck doing them. I know a few other companies that do them as well with great success. I'm not trying to get into anything i have been doing kits for few years now, was just trying to expand with a wrapped trailer to have a neat set up and grab attention.

Jillbeans

I'm glad you've found your niche and some success.
Now go and re-do that into something really killer looking.

Jillbeans

I disagree about racers, high speed, it's the hardest money I've ever had to work for next to political signs or golf outing stuff. I leave that to the local hacks. :)

Jillbeans

I like the black bottom part and the basic swooshy thing. But is diamond plate something you see in MX stuff?
The list of services is OK but needs a better font.
Tagline is lost down there at the bottom and may look better bigger up in the diamond plate area.
The logo is just bad (sorry) it needs help.

I'm going to have a different feeling because I'm a racer myself, and I get a lot of work because of that, and it leads to more work because racers around here have deep pockets.

I disagree about racers, high speed, it's the hardest money I've ever had to work for next to political signs or golf outing stuff. I leave that to the local hacks. :)

petesign

Actually, it fits the demographic you are looking to get just fine. People who go to the track, want you to wrap their atv/mx bike will like it, and that's what you want. Down here in Alabama if you took that to Talladega, you would have them all over ya.

dortonracing

here is a better picture of what it will look like and i did change the fonts for the lettering, I wasn't sure myself about even doing the white wording on bottom.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 72