• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adwords: Money for nothing or works?

CentralSigns

Anyone use adwords from google. Just working on a web page and this was my next marketing path. Curious if anyone has a dollar spend vrs dollar return on investment. I think you come up in local ones automatic and believe that to get out farther and more need this type of advertising.

SqueeGee

money for nothing.

I've also been following Mosh's yellow page thread and noticed that you seem to advocate adwords there:

"i spend $1500/month on google adwords. the yellow pages is worthless to me."

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I value experience and I'm just trying to understand your position since you clearly have experience on this topic(which I know very little about).

S

scarface

Google sent me a email offering $100 credit for adwords, I'm currently taking advantage and have had 19 clicks to my website since yesterday.

So far it says i've used under $3

Craig Sjoquist

Does not know if it works ... But feels it really would depend on the products or services the ad get's paired up with

is it the type were people will use your site just to research out information

and how do you channel those clicks into sales

astro8

Better off putting time and money into your own site for organic listings.

Edit:

This is the last month for my site, not a cent of paid advertising.

Attachments

• pageviews.jpg
    pageviews.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Brands Imaging

well.......it really depends how bad your site sucks!!! This is all SEO.
it all depends how well your site is built..

If people have to type your name in the browser to find your site then you probably need adwords (or a better site). If you type in general topics that are geared to your location and shop like "philadelphia vehicle wraps" or "philadelphia custom wallpaper" and then your shop comes up then you are in good shape and your site was built well.

Most websites today, (even with new technology) really suck. All those templates, and unneeded flash really suck and customers get "whooed" into the purchase...but its really behind the scenes that matters most. How searchable is your site? What will your end users be typing in?

rcook99

This was your post regarding yellow page adds.

ProWraps
Premium Subscriber Join Date: Sep 2009

i spend $1500/month on google adwords. the yellow pages is worthless to me.

This is your post regarding Google Adwords.

ProWraps
Premium Subscriber Join Date: Sep 2009

money for nothing.

Can you explain your thought process on these two statements:omg:

To the Original Post your best bet is to listen to what Brands Imaging said in Post #7 he hit the nail on the head. Adwords can cost you a lot of money with little ROI.

Last edited:

parkedcar

I wouldn't go so far as to call pro wraps a hipocryte. His first post he is simply stating how much he spends, in this thread he is saying he doesn't get the return from it to make it worth it. If you want a website with pressence in google, talk to Dan Antonelli about optimization. Most of his sites rank top 10 if not number 1 in google with just a simple generic term.

rcook99

I wouldn't go so far as to call pro wraps a hipocryte. His first post he is simply stating how much he spends, in this thread he is saying he doesn't get the return from it to make it worth it.[/QUOTE]

Why would you spend $1500 month on Adwords with no ROI.

In the first statement he states the Yellow pages are worthless vs the Adwords and then answers the next thread that Adwords are worthless. Maybe Hypocrite is a strong word and I will let him explain his thoughts on this. I have rephrased my earlier post too.

Dan Antonelli

We never advocate adwords unless you can't get good organic ranking for a specific term or terms. Fortunately, most of our clients never need to spend a dime on paid adwords.

ProWraps

i was being sarcastic. we spend a ton on adwords. whether or not it can be measured dollar for dollar, who knows. sometimes i feel that its worthless when the phones dont ring off the hook.

but, i know marketing is a shotgun approach, so i continue to use it.

binki

We got the same ad from google, free $100 but you have to give a credit card. hmm, not so free then.

I don't trust something that both takes money from be based on exposure (click throughs) and controls when and where my link shows up. It would seem to me if my budget isn't met for the day I might get more exposure.

You can get pretty much the same thing for free with google/bing/yahoo local, and other seo tactics.

S

scarface

It's a free $100 credit and all you need to do is cancel as it says if you are coming up on the $100. The CC info is so if you go over and the $5 activation fee. No biggie really.

CentralSigns

Up here in Canada it appears as though you can set $ limits. You can set a daily limit. I was going to try a small limit to start see how it went. If I got more calls increase it.

S

scarface

Yep, you can set a limit. It gives you a choice to or not. I have only a $5 limit and have over 65 clicks in two days so far. Pans out to be around $8 used

signmeup

I've posted this a few times but are you set up on Google maps? It gets me a few clicks of local people looking for signs and its free.

I don't know if it helps but......... I know for sure that google knows I exist now. I figure it can't hurt.

Graphics2u

I've posted this a few times but are you set up on Google maps? It gets me a few clicks of local people looking for signs and its free.

I don't know if it helps but......... I know for sure that google knows I exist now. I figure it can't hurt.
I did the same thing and virtually any of my services that I searched for in my local area (using a neighboring zip code or town name) I popped up, and it's free. If you're trying to reach people across the country then you might need something else.

Jack Knight1979

I feel the time for adwords has passed. Adwords are now over-saturated with horrid websites and scams.

Back when it fist hit it was great. I basically launched by business off adwords. Now I have a nice customer base and I haven't looked back.

Last winter I turned it on for a few and blew through about 2 grand in a week and only received calls from soccer moms wanting 1x1 banners and stuff like that.