Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

affordable software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by galantld, Jan 20, 2011.

1. galantld

galantld New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    i'm looking to buy a affordable program where i can upload my designs and add cut lines, then upload to my versaworks rip to print and cut. any software out there that can just do that without spending thousands on felxi ect.

thank you

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Corel is probably your best bet.

3. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    right now i would suggest buying used, its all over the place, someone picked up an older flexi for $800.00 on ebay

4. shaunmorrell

shaunmorrell Member

May 16, 2003
    New York NY
    You could use VinylMaster Pro the way you have mentioned or VinylMaster Xpt which has full RIP, Print & Cut tools and features.

I agree with visual800 eBay is definetly a place to save cash! But buy the latest version of whatever you go for if you can!

5. bbeens

bbeens Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Inkscape might be an option. Free vector based program. Not sure if it will handle named spot colors, but most certainly affordable.

Bryan

6. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I just had a quick look on eBay. There is an X4 small business edition going for 400 pounds UK. That's for the whole suite, not just draw.

7. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    There's also Xara, which I've never used, but it's cheap.

8. shaunmorrell

shaunmorrell Member

May 16, 2003
    New York NY
    You can also get VinylMaster Xpt on eBay for that sort of money which is a dedicated signmaking and RIP program and does a lot more than X4 when it comes to vinyl signage and large format printing.