• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

After 6 months away...

SteadyBenny

I took myself away from this place for over six months, by my own choice. Back in September I took a job driving special ed children (autism) to and from school. I drive for 2.75 hours in the AM and another 2.75 hours in the PM. In between and after work I make signs.
Fortunately for me, I live only about 2 miles away from this job. I've been able to pick and choose my jobs, and quite frankly, business has been very good since October. I've put my efforts into my work rather than get dragged down in flame wars that really don't matter.
Dealing with two autistic children on a daily basis has given me a new perspective about "problems". These kids and their families have problems. My trials and tribulations certainly seem insignificant compared to theirs.

I have a history of annurisms in my family. It was the cause of pre-mature death in my father and grandfather. I have controlled my blood pressure well for many years, so fortunately none have manifested themselves as of yet.
Last week my cardiologist wanted a CT scan of my pelvis, abdomen and chest to look for annurisms. In that respect, it was negative.
I do have a 4mm [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]solitary pulmonary nodule (SPN), basically a lesion in my left lung. From the image, it does not seem to be cancerous, but they may want to take it out and biopsy it because I smoked 25-30 cigarettes a day for 17 years. I gave them up about 4.5 years ago. I also smoked a small amount of something else many years ago and paid a very high price, however time has passed and my record is clear and I can now drive your kids to school, though this time last year I had people questioning "irregularities" in my resume and couldn't find any job. Go figure.
Anyhow, I'm not sure if I'll come back too much and really don't know if I'm welcome. Right now my main concern is I don't have lung cancer. I couldn't get to see my pulminologist until 2/6, at which time she will decide what to do next. My cardiologist says not to worry about it right now. My advice in closing is if you smoke, stop. If you did smoke, get checked. I may have dodged a bullet, you can too.
That's more important than a flame war or business.

[/FONT]