• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AI "An unkwown error has occured"

TheSellOut

I am getting this error message as I am tring to save a file that I have been working on! :banghead:

Any ideas why? It's likely to be a 200mb file but I have plenty of room on my hard drive?

TheSellOut

I just tried saving as an EPS and now I get this message "Can't save the illustration. There isn't enough memory"'. Which I don't get because I just had this CPU built 6 months ago and I haven't saved a single file on it, I have been saving everything to my external HD. But I still get this messege when tring to save to the CPUs empty HD?¿

TheSellOut

Doc,

When I try to copy I get "The operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory (RAM) available"

What the hell is going on?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Maybe you have left the computer on for so long, that there is not enough usable memory. Some programs do not release memory after continual usage. Try quitting all programs including background processes

SignBurst PCs

So what does this mean...that the CPU I had built doesn't have the RAM neccesary for building large files?!?

It may be the software. Illustrator does have it's limits, but it is more likely that the computer system is running out of resources. It is not only running out of RAM, but also hard drive space. Your CPU (processor) is more than adequate.

We don't see this particular error often on our systems, but then it has happened. Usually the files are much larger than what you are dealing with though.