• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

air egress vinyl...wet install?

Sandman

Well that could be the difference. Water? Are you using a home made brew or plain water? Rapid Tac is miles ahead of any other application fluid. Rapid Tac is not just it's name, it's also it's description. The fluid literally enhances glue adhesion much more quickly than if you do it dry. You can even install lettering on glass outdoors down to 20° F. I don't know if you have ever used it but it is a great cleaner as the last step to get any cleaning residue off before applying the graphic, it promotes fast adhesion, and if you spray the transfer tape and let it sit a few minutes, it makes the transfer tape almost fall off. Have a good one.

Well that could be the difference. Water? Are you using a home made brew or plain water? Rapid Tac is miles ahead of any other application fluid. Rapid Tac is not just it's name, it's also it's description. The fluid literally enhances glue adhesion much more quickly than if you do it dry. You can even install lettering on glass outdoors down to 20° F. I don't know if you have ever used it but it is a great cleaner as the last step to get any cleaning residue off before applying the graphic, it promotes fast adhesion, and if you spray the transfer tape and let it sit a few minutes, it makes the transfer tape almost fall off. Have a good one.
Yeah I use Rapid Tac occasionally for wet installs but I would NOT use it with air egress vinyl. The vinyl is just not made for that type of application. You're probably voiding any warranty if you're not installing it how its designed to be installed.