• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alcatraz?

JoshLoring

I don't watch TV at all. In fact- the last series I watched was LOST. I guess I'm too computer/book nerdy to have television consume me. In fact, I dropped a bill on 2 books today at Barnes and Noble.

On another note, I caught the previews for Alcatraz that launches tonight. I think I'll take some time to sit and watch the premiere. Looks pretty interesting actually..

Anyone else?

Sticky Signs

I think I might check it out too. I did some work for that show just before xmas as their regular sign person was away on holidays. The story line sounds kinda cool.

OldPaint

sorta like the X FILES....with hurley from LOST, with a nicname of DOC)))) cutie little blonde bad arse cop team up because he is an expert on alcatraz and the 200 something inmates that was supposed to have been tranfered........but wasnt so it seems. the little blonde cop her grandfather was one of these inmates that diappeared in 1963, and they seem to be coming back now, AT THE SAME AGE they was in 1963......with revenge as their only purpose........and hurley and the blonde are the only 2 cops who have been picked to do the job of rounding them up ...ALIVE, then their boss......takes the inmates back to a place like the underground in LOST........hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sharx

I get a kick how much as sign makers and designers we are alike. I watch very little TV myself, but have been intrigued by the couple previews I've seen for this show. Think I may have to fire the DVR up for this one. In fact I think I'll do it now before I forget!

qmr55

I also saw the previews and really wanted to watch it, but as usually I didn't remember the time/day it was on and completely missed it lol maybe it will be on-demand or they will replay it.

signswi

Looks dumb, which Lost also was.

I'll take The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad over JJ Abrams' stuff any time. Hell I'd rewatch The Wire infinitely before I ever watched another episode of Lost.

That said I think JJ Abrams is a decent film directory/producer. The limits on the format suit him, his TV stuff just doesn't work for me. Too transparently about hype production to string out a series and make the network bank.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I watch very little television. I like old movies and comedy. Lately, the debates have me glued to the set, but only in between my movies.

I can't remember the last show of any sort that has interested me. They're all so phony, I have a hard time getting interested. Seems most writers have very little when it comes to imagination and rely solely on gimmicks and trick photography. It's always the same basic theme on everything.

GoodPeopleFlags

I was a big fan of Lost and meant to watch Alcatraz last night but totally forgot. My 4 yr old has decided she loves the show "Finding Bigfoot". Talk about a misleading title! :Big Laugh

Circleville Signs

I watched it this morning before I headed into the shop. Interesting premise, but it is already falling into the realm of "Wait....there should have been an answer there, but the only reason we didn't get one was to string this thing out longer".

The actual crime solving portion of the show is interesting though. It's just all the tie in stuff that is way too convoluted.

I really enjoyed Lost, until the last season and a half - and the ending of that show is one of the worst endings of all time. I mean, over the top TERRIBLE.

Sticky Signs

Well, I don't think I'll spend to much time watching this one. It wasn't bad but I'm not gonna go out of my way to follow it. I wouldn't mind doing some more work for them though!

thinksigns

SnowFlake

I'll take The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad over JJ Abrams' stuff any time. Hell I'd rewatch The Wire infinitely before I ever watched another episode of Lost.

That said I think JJ Abrams is a decent film directory/producer. The limits on the format suit him, his TV stuff just doesn't work for me. Too transparently about hype production to string out a series and make the network bank.

The first two seasons of Alias were pretty awesome.

Mosh

Two words Stu... Pid! Lost was good for the first season...then too many love stories and twists just for the sake of having a twist. This thing looks the same.

Mike F

+1, only show on right now I'm following is Shameless. Can't wait for Walking Dead to start back up next month.

OldPaint

good entertaining TV:
ONCE UPON A TIME-ABC
GRIMM-NBC
PERSONS OF INTEREST-NBC
MENTALIST-NBC
HELL ON WHEELS-TMC
JUSTIFIED-FX
SYFY CHANNEL.......when they are running:
SANCTUARY
WAREHOUSE 13

signswi

Sons is decent, Dexter is amazing, Fringe is average, Homeland haven't seen, Burn Notice is okay background noise, dislike Hawaii 5-0. What about Boardwalk Empire?

HulkSmash

. What about Boardwalk Empire?

Never seen it, Also i forgot walking dead.. that show is sweet.

I'm not like every hyped for burn notice, it's just something i watch when i have time. The only show i watch like a religion every week is dexter, and SoA.