• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Alignment Issue Gerber Edge Fx

V1

Pieter22
Hello,

I bought a gerber edge fx a couple of days ago. I am trying to figure out how everything works and made a couple of test prints, but I can’t get a 2 color print perfectly aligned. Every time it leaves a small cap at the side where the vinyl feeds in. (see attached picture)

Is there a way to get these multi color prints to perfect aligned?

DSC_0099.JPG

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hello,

I bought a gerber edge fx a couple of days ago. I am trying to figure out how everything works and made a couple of test prints, but I can’t get a 2 color print perfectly aligned. Every time it leaves a small cap at the side where the vinyl feeds in. (see attached picture)

Is there a way to get these multi color prints to perfect aligned?

There are two ways depending on whether you are using spot or process colors to print.

With process colors your colors will abut each other because each color is achieved using percentage mixing - therefore no gaps are created. With spot colors you will need to become familiar with overprint settings and the choke/spread feature. In the case of your job, the black must be on top of the green and set to overprint or overlap. Doing this eliminates the gap created when the top color knocks out the underlying color. In addition, the green must spread under the black to deal with any tolerance errors in alignment.

Last edited:

JonMiller

Also, you can use the check alignment feature before print to adjust any allignment issues.

In Quickplot select save to spool file and then select view spool

upload_2017-3-10_11-19-24.png

In the next screen select file, adjust which will bring up the allignment page where you can test print and adjust/offset the foils. Alignment test pattern is only about 5mm wide so it doesn't use masses of foil but does assure your actual prints are correct. Worthwhile for the extra little bit of effort I believe.

upload_2017-3-10_11-22-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-10_11-18-17.png
    upload_2017-3-10_11-18-17.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 272