• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I Nuts?

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Personally, YES, you're nuts if you consider buying this and plan to make $30k a year. The only people making more than that in a year, in profits, are large, established sign companies in relatively high population areas - let's talk about selling signs.

You can't "sell" a sign. Even though it is one of, if not the most important part of advertising most businesses, most owners don't know, don't care, and don't budget for all the signs they need to be successful - going out door-to-door to businesses is russian roulette - if the owner is in at that time, AND they were thinking about signs sometime in last few weeks, then you might get a nibble.

Law of averages - the more people in an area, the more hits you'll get. In a rural area, people aren't going to see a sign shop and declare "I have 1500 extra dollars, i'm going to buy a better sign"... know why? Because they have one already, and don't see a need. It's all russian roulette - except your looking a barrel that holds about 100 rounds, and 99 of them are empty.

mudmedia

I just checked out the classifieds Adam (coloradosigns) has 2 HP 9000s for sale. This was the machine to have I would say 2-3 years ago?

It still is a very very good printer if dialed in right and it is a large printer not a 30". He only wants like 4-5k for it. You would be better off buying that and a laminator yourself and learning than a 50k investment.

Drip Dry

Sure glad I wasted my time actually typing a response to this pointless thread......

You should've saved everyone some time and just made a poll.

Am I nuts "yes" or "no"....to which my answer would've been yes.

I don't know Pat. The group managed to stop someone from taking a long walk off a short pier. Advise alot of us here wish they had when they got into this business. Don't think it was a waste of time