Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i reaching for trouble by installing X3 & cdr9?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by supaegnt, Oct 5, 2007.

1. supaegnt

supaegnt Member

Jul 1, 2006
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">got fed up with error message using corel draw9 on my old pc,i bought another pc,installed a new hard drive along with X3.will it be troublesome installing corel draw9 on the same "c" drive?

help!!!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    no problems

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Version 9 ......worst version.

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

delete 9 i agree withe shovel, bad version....and if your loadin X3...you wont go back to it anyway.

5. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Save your v9 work files in a folder , then open with X3.
    Ken

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    I used 9 and loved it,, it was a good one,, but u had to have teh service packs installed.

I still have it installed along with x3

7. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I have #8 bought the upgrade to X3 ... wow ....don't worry you will enjoy X3

wraps r kewl

8. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    just gonna have to add to what everyone else said X3 --- keep it and dont look back =P.

9. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    I have both installed on same drive, no problems at all. I still use 9 for few things.

George

10. jeroen

jeroen Member

Apr 18, 2006
    what's the reason/benefit of keeping Corel 9 running?

11. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Can't think of ONE:help:. . . X3 Rules ! ! !

12. Columbia Signs

Columbia Signs Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Ver 9 was a great ver, but there is no reason to run after you have X3.

However, like everyone said.... you can install it in a different folder and run and many versions as you want.

13. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Personally, I think 9 & 10 were the worst versions. But 8 rocked, and X3 is awesome. I see no need to have both installed though, but if it's what you want, no worries. I have 8, 10 and X3 all installed on the same system, and have yet to have an issue.

14. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

well flame boy, you dont much about corel.....cause....
    7.0 was the last TRUE only corel and one of the best.
    starting with 8.0, corle had made some deal with XARA corp. and incorperated a bunch of XARA applications in it and being a basic BETA type version of future corels. it was ok but not as good as 7. 9 came out and many problems. i think they did 3-4 updates on it before it was truly functional. had a really bad problem with fitin text to path, i seen that one....as i never had it on a machine and stayed wtih 7 till 10 came out.
    this is one of the bestmostly trouble free, had some issues with text going wacko in the dimesion window but the update fixed it.
    11 & 12 i dont know , 10 was so good it was even hard to move to X3))))))
    BUT...once X3 was loaded....and 1st upgrade its great......now with the 19" wide screen i csn finally get to see what TRACE does.....

15. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    Just buy every version you can get your hands on , and install it on every PC you can get your hands on. I believe 12 & 13 needs XP you wont be disapointed

16. supaegnt

supaegnt Member

Jul 1, 2006
    you're all right!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">X3 is the beast in the jungle!appologies to photoshop folks.

why i want to run cdr9?​

is due to plugins that consists of atheletic tails that pays my bills during fall season.​

next inquiry,has/have any individual have trouble importing/opening files into x3 with files instituted in cdr8 or 9?​

sorry,one more inquiry,do you know of any corel plugins besides smartdraw<NO issues>just prefer another source?​

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​