• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

am i reaching for trouble by installing X3 & cdr9?

supaegnt

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">got fed up with error message using corel draw9 on my old pc,i bought another pc,installed a new hard drive along with X3.will it be troublesome installing corel draw9 on the same "c" drive?

help!!!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

OldPaint

delete 9 i agree withe shovel, bad version....and if your loadin X3...you wont go back to it anyway.

Techman

I used 9 and loved it,, it was a good one,, but u had to have teh service packs installed.

I still have it installed along with x3

GK

just gonna have to add to what everyone else said X3 --- keep it and dont look back =P.

geb

I have both installed on same drive, no problems at all. I still use 9 for few things.

George

Columbia Signs

Ver 9 was a great ver, but there is no reason to run after you have X3.

However, like everyone said.... you can install it in a different folder and run and many versions as you want.

Flame

Personally, I think 9 & 10 were the worst versions. But 8 rocked, and X3 is awesome. I see no need to have both installed though, but if it's what you want, no worries. I have 8, 10 and X3 all installed on the same system, and have yet to have an issue.

OldPaint

well flame boy, you dont much about corel.....cause....
7.0 was the last TRUE only corel and one of the best.
starting with 8.0, corle had made some deal with XARA corp. and incorperated a bunch of XARA applications in it and being a basic BETA type version of future corels. it was ok but not as good as 7. 9 came out and many problems. i think they did 3-4 updates on it before it was truly functional. had a really bad problem with fitin text to path, i seen that one....as i never had it on a machine and stayed wtih 7 till 10 came out.
this is one of the bestmostly trouble free, had some issues with text going wacko in the dimesion window but the update fixed it.
11 & 12 i dont know , 10 was so good it was even hard to move to X3))))))
BUT...once X3 was loaded....and 1st upgrade its great......now with the 19" wide screen i csn finally get to see what TRACE does.....

Service Sign Co

Just buy every version you can get your hands on , and install it on every PC you can get your hands on. I believe 12 & 13 needs XP you wont be disapointed

supaegnt

you're all right!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">X3 is the beast in the jungle!appologies to photoshop folks.

why i want to run cdr9?​

is due to plugins that consists of atheletic tails that pays my bills during fall season.​

next inquiry,has/have any individual have trouble importing/opening files into x3 with files instituted in cdr8 or 9?​

sorry,one more inquiry,do you know of any corel plugins besides smartdraw<NO issues>just prefer another source?​

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​