• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I the only person having problems with Signs 365 Same Day production?

Pat Whatley

I like dealing with Signs365 because their website is easy as heck to order from, their prices are good, and their quality is good. I take advantage of Same Day banner production a good bit because it's made me pretty competitive with local shops with printers. I place 3-4 orders a week with Signs 365. I'm not blaming them for anything here, I'm just trying to solve an issue I'm having and need to figure out where the problem is to be able to fix it.

My problem comes that every couple of weeks I get an order that I put in for Same Day production that doesn't go out the same day and inevitably leaves me screwed on an order. Right now I've got two banners "In Production" that i was expecting to ship today because my customer has to have them tomorrow morning. I KNOW the SAME DAY PRODUCTION was selected, I made damn sure of it when i placed my order because it had to go out today. Inevitably if I ask about it they're going to tell me that it wasn't selected, we'll argue that for a while, and they'll tell me they'll have their IT guys look into it (or tonights excuse I got in the chat thing was that I'm supposed to call in whenever I have a same day order) This has happened enough that I stop when i get to the selections screen and slowly double check that everything is set correctly.

Again, most orders go out just fine where same day or next day printing is selected. I'm just having enough of them not printing that it's becoming a problem The current order that didn't ship today might as well not ship at all....it's going in the dumpster unopened and I'll end up paying a local shops retail price to get the banners to me tomorrow morning.

So, anybody else have this problem ever or is just me? It is possible that I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I'm double checking everything.

Edited to add this since I've been PM'd about it twice already: Yes, this is the same company I praised a few weeks ago for replacing an order that was destroyed in a plane crash before i even knew it had happened. They're an awesome company and regardless of what happens with this issue I'll keep using them. They've made me a lot of money over the last few years and will make me even more in the coming years.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No experience with 365 Pat, but when you have the order entry page filled out take a screen grab and save it so you can show them the issue is on their end next time things go south.
Good luck with it.

wayne k
guam usa

xxtoni

Please don't get this the wrong way but I'm pretty sure that if you were printing it yourself you wouldn't give out deadlines that tight.

We do that sort of thing for one or two of our big clients but pretty much anyone else just gets the it takes x days reply and that's it.

AS far as your problem goes...I doubt that it's something you do. If this is that much of a problem for you I doubt that you would forget to check the same day production checkbox. It's probably just one of those things that happens in every company, someone forgot or they have so much work to do that they just can't keep up. Hardly surprising for any business.

Locals Find!

Pat, are you making sure the order is going in before the production cut-off time for same day? (Please don't take that as trying to insult you)

I have forgotten about it myself time to time.

Mainframe

Here is a suggestion, those 3-4 orders you are placing a week could easily cover a printer payment, you then could bring the project control in house. I would be willing to bet 2 weeks after you got your printer you would wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Pat Whatley

Here is a suggestion, those 3-4 orders you are placing a week could easily cover a printer payment, you then could bring the project control in house. I would be willing to bet 2 weeks after you got your printer you would wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No it wouldn't. Trust me, I've done the honest math on it 50 times and I'm doing better without a printer.

I know there are inherent risks associated with doing next day banners but when customer brings me an art file and is willing to pay $8.50 psf and all I've got to do is upload a file and deposit a check I'll take it every time.

visual800

You have got to stop all this RUSH job stuff, all it does is cause stress and crap never comes in when it should!!! Now that I got that out of the way.......what happened to Georgia Print co? They had overnite stuff didnt they

As far as the issues with this compnay, I just wish they would come out and say "We f****ed up!" instead of blaming the files, the IT, the email carrier, the servers, and the internet dial up provider, just say it DAMN!

TheSnowman

About Georgia Print...I sent them something several months ago, assumed it'd be 3-4 MAX before it went out, and they told me it'd be 2 weeks. I had to cancel my order because that's just not acceptable at all in my world anymore, as I normally tell the customer 3-4 days before they'll have it for standard stuff like yard signs, and banners. I haven't ever used their next day or same day stuff though.

Can you use Signs2Trade Pat, or is it too long of a ship or something? I find their quality to be way better, prices about 1/2 of 365 (at least on banners) and they'll put grommets in it however you want it, which was the main reason I had to start looking for an alternative to 365.

They're both good company's, but I've had about 60 orders w/ Signs2Trade and 0 problems with the final product, or the expected delivery date, and I've had quality issues w/ 365 off and on through the last year.

Hope you can figure it out Pat, because I assume you are in a similar situation to me, where your subs can make you or break you at times.

rjssigns

Gotta look at the whole supply chain. Printer may get it knocked out same day. Doesn't mean UPS or FedEx can't screw up. You're also ordering by computer an we all know they are far from perfect.

We had a rush job earlier this year where our sub did it in record time. Only issue was the FedEx system burped and recoded for normal and not overnight. Turned into a nightmare which ended with special courier service hand delivering everything. Of course when presented with proof they still denied it was their fault.

Our sub went so far above and beyond it was insane.

+1 on having a printer in house. Same day/next day is all we use ours for. Sub gets the rest. Nice being able to tell someone in the morning they can pick up after lunch.

JgS

I have had the same problem with them. Not a lot just a couple times. I started calling them after I placed the order to make sure that it was going to be produced same day. Works every time.

With that said I have done the same thing with signs2trade and as long as my order is in early enough they have done same day production as well. If you are not on 365s 1 day ship then I would give signs2trade a try.

xxtoni

Yea like some others have said...I have no business telling you how to run your life or business but rush jobs are a bane, especially if it's a long term thing.

When I have to deal with an outside provider, which tends to be offset printers mainly these days, and something needs to be delivered today or tomorrow I have more stress in that instance than when doing 5x bigger jobs in house. In house I have some level of control and I know what's going on. When someone else is doing it, I don't know whether they're bull****ting me that it's half done or if they haven't even started work. So I definitely try to bring in as much in house as possible and it's not just about the money, it's about timing.

To just highlight my point, we're considering going into offset in the next 2 years just to avoid having to deal with someone elses screwups.

Techman

Going in house is not always the best answer because....
Doing next day jobs is always a hassle because now you have to work into the evening to get those jobs done to drliver tomorrow.

Sell during day print at night is NO FUN!
Especially over the long run.

Yes doing jobs fast is a great business model. I've gotten my share of work from working like that.

We have had printing issues from them lately. Transparency and overprinting issues that are very obvious that they are wrong when they arrive. Ordered with plenty of time - but when they come wrong and you have a deadline coming up - then it quickly turns into a Rush job. They have reprinted them for me (never needed new files) so it is obviously a setting in their RIP that they adjust to make it work properly.... was out looking at brand new printers two weeks ago in Chicago and Print13 because of it....

Vinylman

Fred!! Fred!! Fred!! Someones cheating here

As a new person here on signs 101 you may not be aware that you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE unless you are a Merchant Member.

You have used a 3 month old thread to sneak in your' sleazy ad.

Shame on you:Oops::noway::doh:

genericname

As a new person here on signs 101 you may not be aware that you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE unless you are a Merchant Member.

You have used a 3 month old thread to sneak in your' sleazy ad.

Shame on you:Oops::noway::doh:

:thumb: Protip:

Attachments

• nuke.jpg
    nuke.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 87