• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

An unrecoverable system error has occured...

waximoff

Flexi is acting up... AGAIN! Has anyone seen this before?
When I open up flexi a windows box pops up with this:

C:\Program Files\SAi\SAi Production Suite1\Program\App.exe

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I close that window and then Flexi opens. But the second I touch any of the tabs on top (File , Edit , View , Arrange..etc) the "unrecoverable system error" box comes up and the program closes.

I'm running Flexi 8.5 v1 on xp pro sp2.

Any help would be great!

i swear this only happened today because of the amount of that is due! "col" thats "crying out loud" ha..

joshGN

uninstall flexi...and delete the flexi folder under c:\programs

then re-install flexi...it should work then.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I run Flexi Pro 8.6.2 and recently had the "An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly." error message appear whenever I launch Flexi, but I just click OK and everything functions just fine from that point on as far as I can tell. You might want to consider locating and installing the free maintenance upgrade to version 8.6.2. You might also want to upgrade your Windows XP to SP3.

I am guessing that, in my case, the runtime error is related to my recent upgrade to Adobe CS 5.5 and that something Flexi is looking for was overwritten by the Adobe install. Have you upgraded or installed any new software recently?

CrabbyOldGuy

I am running 7.5 and last week I got the same error message when I started the production manager. I could not cut anything. I ran several scans and found nothing. Ended up uninstalling Flexi several times and reinstalling. Now I can cut but when I open Flexi, I still get the the runtime error. Kind of like a pop-up. Not really confident that all is well but I am at least running production.

waximoff

Fred,
Actually I just upgraded to cs5 about 3 weeks ago. Although, I have ran flexi daily since the upgrade with no problems until today! So I don't know. Will I lose all my preferences if I reinstall flexi?

waximoff

I am running 7.5 and last week I got the same error message when I started the production manager. I could not cut anything. I ran several scans and found nothing. Ended up uninstalling Flexi several times and reinstalling. Now I can cut but when I open Flexi, I still get the the runtime error. Kind of like a pop-up. Not really confident that all is well but I am at least running production.

Are you on cs5?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OK. I reset my preferences to have Flexisign look for the Adobe plug-ins in an empty folder and it now loads without any problem with a runtime error. i would suggest that you try the same thing and see if it eliminates the problem for you.

Speaking for myself, I never use Flexi to access Photoshop anyway.

waximoff

OK. I reset my preferences to have Flexisign look for the Adobe plug-ins in an empty folder and it now loads without any problem with a runtime error. i would suggest that you try the same thing and see if it eliminates the problem for you.

Speaking for myself, I never use Flexi to access Photoshop anyway.

So you suggest that I just reset my preferences?

CrabbyOldGuy

We are using CS5 as well but have been using it for several months with no conflicts. Fred, your workaround just might have done the trick. Thanks! You seem to have a lot more knowledge than our IT guy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
So you suggest that I just reset my preferences?

Yes I do if you don't access Photoshop plug-ins from Flexi. If you do, then contact SAi to see if they have a solution. This came up a month or two ago when I discovered a similar conflict with the MaskPro plug-in and Flexi.

We are using CS5 as well but have been using it for several months with no conflicts. Fred, your workaround just might have done the trick. Thanks! You seem to have a lot more knowledge than our IT guy.

It's fairly obvious when you think about it. What other program(s) are being accessed when you launch Flexi? The status bar on my machine shows "Loading Adobe Photoshop Plug-Ins" and shortly after that the error message appears.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I wonder if there is a way to stop flexi from loading those plug-ins without losing all my preferences.

Yes ... just open Preferences and set the path for Adobe Plug-Ins to any empty folder.

Attachments

• flexi plugins.jpg
    flexi plugins.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 292

waximoff

Well, that worked!! I just went into the plug-ins folder and moved them to see.. flexi loaded up perfectly!
Thanks Fred!

Techman

The flexi and plug in problem has existed for a very long time.

Usually an old out of date photoshop plug-in causes it.

signstation

Thanks Guys, I've been having the same issue after installing CS5 too!!!:banghead:
The power of Signs101!!:thankyou:
P.S. I'm in Emoticon heaven...:cool1:

graywoulf

I have had a similar problem recently after importing a picture file from Photoshop CS4 into Flexi 10 Pro. Flexi crashed with an "Unknown Error Has Occurred" message which also reccomended that I restart the application but left me no choice as when I hit "OK" it immediately shut Flexi down. I restarted Flexi and every time I tried to access that particular file, I immediately got the same error message even before I even so much as clicked the mouse once. I even did a full system restore which remove the .pdf file from my Flexi file but as I tried to open the Flexi file it will now open on the first try but crashes with the same message as soon as I even click the mouse once. Quite frustrating to say the least. The Flexi support team is looking into it for me but I have not heard back from them yet.

oracle9000

Thank you for the help Fred Weiss!
Same thing was happening to me in Flexi 8. Changed the Prefs for the plugins as you suggested and now i'm back to normal.
Thank you again for your post.

Gene@mpls

Preferences are at-

C:\Program Files\FlexiSIGN-PRO 7.6v1\Devices\Preferences

It is a very good idea to backup copies of preferences when you have a set-
up you like. If you close Flexi and go to Start>Flexi>Preference Manager you
can name your preferences. I love Flexi- Gene