• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph ae-60e questions

mtbsam

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I'm excited about all the good information that is available. I'm looking to buy my first vinyl cutter as a hobbyist. I am looking at an Anagraph ae-60e (I know, older equipment but the budget is limiting). I was going to ask anyone else out there who has one what they think of it in terms of cutting and reliability. I would like to use illustrator but I had trouble finding information on this particular machine and I'm not sure if it will work. Any other information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

CS-SignSupply

The Anagraph cutters are very durable and reliable. Parts and supplies are readily available if needed. The Anagraph AE cutters were replaced by the APD (Advanced Plotting Devices) PD Series of cutters. These are available in 24, 30, 40 and 48 inch models.

Running the cutter from Illustrator is not recommended. You might consider a bridge program such as Flexi, CiberCut or Signlab.

Techman

Anagraph was one of the very best. It has most of the features that the other machines found good to add on to their machines.

I have one since it was new back in the 90's Runs like a champ first time every time. Unfortunately they are only getting about 300- 400 for a used one. Plus they are hard to find. I would get one and use corel draw and the Cocut plugin for corel to run it. Ive made literally thousands using this combination.

SignosaurusRex

Anagraph was one of the very best. It has most of the features that the other machines found good to add on to their machines.

I have one since it was new back in the 90's Runs like a champ first time every time. Unfortunately they are only getting about 300- 400 for a used one. Plus they are hard to find. I would get one and use corel draw and the Cocut plugin for corel to run it. Ive made literally thousands using this combination.

I concure....however, parts are not easily obtained and as of late it seems impossible to get hold of anyone at ADP. By Anagraph's own admission some years back there was a run of machines with inferior mother boards and at last check a used MB was going for about $600.00 w/o any warranty of any kind....when they have them. I still have an AE60e that I refuse to get rid of because it is a very well built and quiet machine......short of the mother board going out. Hopefully I'll round up another MB at some point. A friend of mine is on his third MB and luckily this one seems to be a sound. Its a chance you will be taking with an AE series plotter. If it turns out to last, I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

WELCOME ABOARD!

jdb

I've had one since the 80's. Allways ran very good, mother board out now. Sure wish I knew where to get one..... Anyone know?

SignManiac

I have both the AE-70 and the AE-101. I rarely use them anymore but just can't bring myself to part with them. They are a quality plotter for sure. I think the APD versions might be a better choice since they will cut directly from Corel Draw without the need for bridge software.

astro8

You can download (think you still can, haven't checked) and use the AnaPlot software...has drivers for the ae-60e plus many more from Anagraph and other manufacturers. It's a limited version of the Ana DesignArt-Pro.

Magnum

The Anagraph cutters are very durable and reliable. Parts and supplies are readily available if needed. The Anagraph AE cutters were replaced by the APD (Advanced Plotting Devices) PD Series of cutters. These are available in 24, 30, 40 and 48 inch models.

Running the cutter from Illustrator is not recommended. You might consider a bridge program such as Flexi, CiberCut or Signlab.

I read you post about parts available for Anagraph cutters. I am in search of pinch rollers for Ae-60 plotter.. Found some online, but price was a shocker!
Thanks
fred