• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph AE60 problem

Mal

Hi there. I haven't been on here for quite a while. I'm Mal and I have an nearly antique Anagraph AE60 elite cutter that has been solid for well over a decade. 'Til now, of course. Current problem: the cutter turns on and the head moves fine, but when i go to cut something it has a blank space in the 'height' area in the anaplot screen, and it won't seem to communicate that measurement. And worse, nothing happens. If i multiple click 'plot' (bad, I know, but i was frustrated) a little window pops up that says 'putpacket error'. It's like it's awake, but daydreaming. Any ideas, all you brilliant tech giants? I love my little cutter, I use it almost solely for templating carved work. I don't wanna send it to California or somewhere to fix it, since I'm in Ontario Can. Please help me:banghead: Thanks, Mal

Mal

No seriously, HHHEEELLLPPPP!!!!!! I had two, count'em, Two--power bars supposedly protecting this thing. Being rural, we get power fluctuations during storms. Fried communication board? I dunno. And natch I have several jobs that folks want yesterday. I may have to turn to the drink.

Techman

do a test cut from the cutter control panel.. If it cuts fine then you have a computer/software problem,,

Cannot suggest anything until it gets a clear test cut.

SignosaurusRex

The Anagraph AE series plotters were a solid machine. unfortunately they were plagued for a while with a batch of main-boards that did not live up to the rest of the machine. If it has lasted this long without issues...you are one of the lucky up to this point. With that said, If the machine powers up, will run both Y and X measurement checks of your material and leaves either of the X or Y measurements blank, it may only be a poor connection on one of the control panel to main-board lines. Carefully check all other connections while the machine is open. Beyond that.....you may be looking at getting a new machine. Parts and service from Anagraph doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Techman

As I posted above, Doing a test cut from the cutter control panel will test all of those functions signosaurus mentioned. If the test cut is fine then the problem is with the computer or software.

SignManiac

I have an AE-70 and a AE-101 and they both are still running strong. Use them rarely but they still make money when I turn them on.

Mal

Thanks for all the advice. I'm pleased to hear the testimonials about these machines. I know mine is archaic, but it never gave me any issues. I hope it can be fixed. The old software is gradually degrading on my equally old cut PC machine, I have to find back-doors every now and then to do what was simpler before, thanks to strange little glitches. We don't do much vinyl, just as templates for carving, so my machine needs are pretty basic. I also use it to draw my rug hooking designs. I'm in touch with a person at APD, and we'll be doing a trouble-shooting call shortly. I know I have several manuals in various boxes, they're stored thanks to moves. If I'd been more organized I'd have them in hand when I need them. But the presentation of the problem now echoes an issue we had about ten years ago. That was a fried board thanks to a power surge. It was fixed back then, but Anagraph was still an entity at the time. Not so much much now.... Contrary to how this presents, we are a serious sign company. Just low rather than high tech. ---Mal

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Loved my AE60E a long time ago and sold it in working condition after I found out they folded.

Time to invest in a new plotter and upgrade your software.

Mal

Thank you folks, I appreciate the advice, I gave up on the AE 60E, and found an absolutely pristine AE 75E online. We drove six hours to pick it up, came with PC computer and Casmate software. Here's the thing: I work in Corel draw. I'm used to anaplot. I don't really have the time at the moment to learn to use the Casmate. We installed Anaplot 3.4 on to the computer, and it works, it accepts my corel files once exported as ai files, just as my old system did. But when I go to plot it says there's no communication between the plotter and computer, suggesting an unplugged cable or the plotter's not on. I can't fix this. It plots through that same serial port with the Casmate, but won't recognize the existence of the plotter through Anaplot. Any one have any advice???? Please?????? I'm at my wits' end. Mal. ps---I'll post this question under Anagraph AE 75E separately. Again, thanks for your attention.