• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph disected

Techman

inside of a Anagraph cutter
Notice there is no Hot glue. All fasterners are screws and bolts. Support parts and cases are all steel. All bearings are metal. Motor parts, pulleys, power transfer parts are all metal.

The 2 fans are on the bottom of the cutter. It pulls a vacum thru the small holes alongside the wear strip to hold down the vinyl. This is to keep the vinyl down so that the cutter does not scar the images.

The pinch rollers are wide enuf to get a good grip without marring the vinyl .This is especially important with softer cast.

The Y axis belt drive is shown with the impluse sensor. This is mounted on steel base with screws. The main xyz interpretor board is just below. The belt is havey duty wider and thicker than on the lower end cutters.

The inside of the cutter has other parts all attached with screws.

If any one has a cutter dead or other wise and would like to lose it to a good training cause. Feel free to contact me.

Attachments

• grit-2-w.jpg
    grit-2-w.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 238
  • y-axis-servo-w.jpg
    y-axis-servo-w.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 176
  • v-fanw-.jpg
    v-fanw-.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 206
  • pinch-vac-w.jpg
    pinch-vac-w.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 231
  • grit-drivew.jpg
    grit-drivew.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 184
  • vac-fanw.jpg
    vac-fanw.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 222

chopper

thanks for the post looks way different than my summa, but none the less all the summa parts are metal also except for the end covers which don't do anything anyway thanks again //chopper

Ken

The vaccuum system near the cutting surface sounds like a great idea.
Dont know if I like the idea of belts on the motors. Are those servo or stepper motors?
Thanks Techman!
Ken

SignosaurusRex

Dejavu! I still have my ANA AE60. I'm currently in the process of a little trouble-shoot and plan on having her back up and cutting pretty soon. Well built I must say!

Ken

Sorry, your first photo didn't look like a cog belt at all. The 5th photo kinda shows that. And I agree that is way better than a flat belt. I just have some concerns that stetching/contracting may cause a belt to get out of sync.
All in all though, better than gears wearing out.
Ken