Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anagraph disected

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by Techman, May 27, 2007.

1. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    inside of a Anagraph cutter
    Notice there is no Hot glue. All fasterners are screws and bolts. Support parts and cases are all steel. All bearings are metal. Motor parts, pulleys, power transfer parts are all metal.

The 2 fans are on the bottom of the cutter. It pulls a vacum thru the small holes alongside the wear strip to hold down the vinyl. This is to keep the vinyl down so that the cutter does not scar the images.

The pinch rollers are wide enuf to get a good grip without marring the vinyl .This is especially important with softer cast.

The Y axis belt drive is shown with the impluse sensor. This is mounted on steel base with screws. The main xyz interpretor board is just below. The belt is havey duty wider and thicker than on the lower end cutters.

The inside of the cutter has other parts all attached with screws.

If any one has a cutter dead or other wise and would like to lose it to a good training cause. Feel free to contact me.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    thanks for the post looks way different than my summa, but none the less all the summa parts are metal also except for the end covers which don't do anything anyway thanks again //chopper

3. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    The vaccuum system near the cutting surface sounds like a great idea.
    Dont know if I like the idea of belts on the motors. Are those servo or stepper motors?
    Thanks Techman!
    Ken

4. Techman

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Cog belts are the best way to go other than direct drive.
    They are servo motors.

5. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    most cutters have the vacuum fans on them even my old vinyl express has them//chopper

6. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Dejavu! I still have my ANA AE60. I'm currently in the process of a little trouble-shoot and plan on having her back up and cutting pretty soon. Well built I must say!

7. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Sorry, your first photo didn't look like a cog belt at all. The 5th photo kinda shows that. And I agree that is way better than a flat belt. I just have some concerns that stetching/contracting may cause a belt to get out of sync.
    All in all though, better than gears wearing out.
    Ken

8. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Techman, Which model is that machine? Is it dead or did you disect it for a particular reason as well as sharing?

9. Techman

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    30" elite cutter.
    Dissected for repair. The servo sensor is having a problem.