• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Annual Frank Fellers count-off

Mosh

I just got my new 2015 Fellers catalog...how many Franks can there be in it this year???/

phototec

Is he going for the Guinness book of world records for the most SELF photos per page per catalog ever?

He is the biggest EGOMANIAC I have ever seen, they spend about 15% more printing the catalog just so he can have his face plastered all over it, cover included.

If they used that space for product info, the catalog could be much smaller (less pages).

My bet he will try an out do his last catalog with even more photos of himself....:ROFLMAO:

Techman

he is not an ego maniac. He is the Brand. That is his brand. He gets every one very year to post about his new catalog. He wins. Thousand of people rad these posts. Look at all the FREE google hits he gets.

phototec

he is not an ego maniac. He is the Brand. That is his brand. He gets every one very year to post about his new catalog. He wins. Thousand of people rad these posts. Look at all the FREE google hits he gets.

Yes he is a EGOMANIAC, look up the definition!

Dell is a brand that is much, much bigger well known around the world and you don't see Michael Dell's photo on every page of their catalog.

The Fellers name is the brand, see attached image, not a photo of the owner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

You don't see these brands flaunting photos of the owners (founders):
J.P. Morgan
CUCCI
Johnson & Johnson
Disney

Techman

don't see Michael Dell's photo on every page of their catalog.

Yes, at one time M Dells face was every where in print, tv ads all types of media.
As for fellers.

As for his marketing...
Fellers is his name. He is the brand. His photo is the part of the logo.

If we all would use a few of his marketing techniques we too could be selling millions each year too!

This is not an opinion. This is a technique he uses. Personalization of a brand using a photo identity plate is a well known and proven marketing technique. While we do his face count in his catalog he goes to the bank. Every time his name appears on a site it brings him tons of FREE relevant links.

Speaking of marketing..
There is a face book page that is the face of a tactical equipment supplier that is growing yearly. Started out with about 18 months ago and just a few hundred likes and is now up over 387,000 likes.
He used to do all his own sewing on belts and gear. Now he has 25 machine operators working full time and has more machines on order.

He uses personalized marketing like a master. He posts snarky remarks in response to his customers who do really dumb things while trying to order then email him with a personal attack.. Its all about branding.

dlndesign

Gotta Love Frank, Brand or No Brand everyone knows his name if they cut a piece of vinyl in their life. So what he's all over the catalog, at least we get a fun drinking game out of it. If anything the guy knows marketing, everyone here is talking about it. Its just funny, we complain about the "big names" in the industry at times, and that "complaining" just helps them out in the long run. Name Recognition and Brand Awareness.

http://www.cmykthis.com

ExecuPrintGS

I find if comical that on P31 "MetroWrapz.com" is featured... Considering metrowrapz and metrorestyling are one in the same and fellers created cheetahwraps to compete with metrorestyling.
little things in life that entertain me on long days :Big Laugh

DirtyD

I find if comical that on P31 "MetroWrapz.com" is featured... Considering metrowrapz and metrorestyling are one in the same and fellers created cheetahwraps to compete with metrorestyling.
little things in life that entertain me on long days :Big Laugh

Uhmm.. No their not. MetroWrapz/MetroSigns is based in Florida - MetroRestyling is based in Michigan/Nevada