• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another fail sign

Colin

This was either the result of a sign maker who hasn't the first clue about how signs work or how to design them, or a customer who grabbed the steering wheel of the design process.

gah!

Attachments

• P1000880.JPG
    P1000880.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 86

Colin

The photographer needs to have a close look at himself too.

Not sure what that means, but I took the picture with the intent of showing what the sign really looks like to people on the street. The sign was a complete waste of money, and could be actually doing it's intended job if designed properly.

Colin

The intent is not to show what the sign says, or looks like up close, but to show what it looks like in place and from the real viewing distance of viewers (and how it utterly fails as a sign).

cartoad

Yep, thats what the customer wanted, demanded and paid for. And then complained that the sign maker did exactly what the customer wanted!

Bly

Not sure what that means, but I took the picture with the intent of showing what the sign really looks like to people on the street. The sign was a complete waste of money, and could be actually doing it's intended job if designed properly.

Zoom baby zoom.

Dave Drane

Yep, thats what the customer wanted, demanded and paid for. And then complained that the sign maker did exactly what the customer wanted!

:thumb:And that is why I refuse to do what they want. One bad sign and they will tell 100 people, but one good sign and they will tell 10 that they are happy.

Locals Find!

Is it possible the customer bought it for another purpose and stupidly tried to re-allocate the sign for another purpose that it was never really intended for?

From what I could see of the sign it looks like it was designed to be closer to the business and not on the street for passing cars.

visual800

I always take far away pics so cusotmers can see how their sign will look far away. everything looks good on computer!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
can the next person who says "fail" in this context be banned please.
You have to give him a break - he lives way up north of the border.
Those guys are always a few years behind us down here.
When the world ends next December Canada should still be there until at least 2016 or so.

wayne k
guam usa

strypguy

you have to give him a break - he lives way up north of the border.
When the world ends next december canada should still be there until at least 2016 or so.

lmfao!!!

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
You have to give him a break - he lives way up north of the border.
When the world ends next December Canada should still be there until at least 2016 or so.

wayne k
guam usa

yeah, like.... cut us some slack, eh? Its not our fault we still get our mail by dogsled and I have to post on this board using Morse code.

:Canada:

Craig Sjoquist

That sure is a FAIL wow what a waste, but I like these type of signs sign companies around here make.
I try to take pictures of them so I can get good pictures before, then it is easy sale when they see it like this lol

Visual 800 that is the main reason when it is designed on a computer BACK UP and look at it as you stated.

Colin.. good post

signage

Are you sure the customer told the sign shop tat they were going to be placing near the road and not on the sidewalk?

You know how customers can sometimes use things as not intended!