• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another fired Customer

Mikeifg

So I've been doing graphics for a local company for years, Good relationship except they always want it today and are sloow paying. Well they recieved a new shop vehicle and wanted a quote on a full wrap. This truck is an international truck that hauls tires big cab flat sides no tailagate. So I quote them 2500.00. failed to mention they picked out their own design they wanted from (Aurora). So it would cost me 125.00 plus another 65 for the 2 designs that didn't go well together. A week went buy and I see the truck with the sides and the door done. Half the design is missing like they centered it way off pretty ugly no styl at all. Well I go to them to see whats up and was told one of their salesman who does business with another company took it to these 2 guys and got it done for 500.00. I love it. I'm not ranting I just think it's funny that 2 idiots can be soo cheap. The vinyl is not even conforming to the rivets and is peeling in some areas. I ended up explaining my case to the owner about what a wrap was and what's involved and why the cost is what it is left it at that. But in the end it was a silent firing just glad I didn't try and beat that price like I would have in the past. Those 2 guys can go out of business with their cookie cutter designs and cheap work. I on the other hand will do what I do.

signguy 55

I like the fact that you went to the customer to see "what's up". I think many times we lose a job or a customer and don't find out what the problem is. Here it was trying to get an expensive job at a cheap price and money was the determining factor.

I think I am going to be more proactive in this, if I lose a customer go to them and put the pressure on them to find out why they didn't choose me.

If it's customer service I can work to correct that, if it's strictly pricing they will learn you get what you pay for.

Alti-Plotter

...The vinyl is not even conforming to the rivets and is peeling in some areas...
You get what you pay for...
It's good you talked to the owner. When the trailer will look so ugly that the company needs to do something, there is a great chance they will call you.

GoodPeopleFlags

No need to fire the customer. Once they see the quality of their $500 wrap, they'll be back. Of course you might not want to do work for them but that's up to you.

J

john1

Firing "customers" feels good because they are often people who are the most pain in the rears anyway.

I have this guy calling me every few months talking about getting these thousands of dollar jobs done for his company. Always says he will call me in the morning with payment information and doesn't then when i try to call for a follow up he doesn't answer.

So i called him after he didn't do what he said he would yet again, he didn't answer so i left him a nice voicemail saying that i am not interested in doing business with him because numerous times he has not followed through and he has wasted both of our valuable time.

Felt amazing.

JoshLoring

Give it 8 months. The wrap will be faded away and ruined. Then, you can stress to them that without proper removal- it could rip the paint off. But you can professionally remove it for 500$ lol.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
LOL similar thing happened to me. But I was rude about it. I quoted him a box truck wrap. We do all his printing and stuff. I saw it later and it had Die-cut vinyl all over it, and rather than a digitally printed sky with clouds background and nice looking digital grass like all his other stuff we do...it looked like hand cut white clouds and grass LOL oh man..you should have seen it. And the Logo was pretty pathetic. I ran into him and said, I saw your box truck...he looked at me and said...yeah I have someone who knows someone with a vinyl plotter etc..and I looked at him and said..."Man that's embarrassing isn't it?" rather than being offended, he kinda agreed with me and said, he just didn't have the money for a wrap. I told him, well now you know you get what you pay for and there IS a difference between quality work we do and just getting the cheapest job. He hasn't been in since...and I'm fine with that.