• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another hand carved HDU sign. (with gilding)

signmeup

N'other one done. The thing is 8 x 5 feet, single sided. The main structure is 2 x 4 pressure treated lumba with Alupanel skins. The lettered bit is 1" HDU glued on to the main panel. It's a pretty shade of orangy coral red but it took 9 coats to cover. One of those things that I kept thinking one more coat will cover it up and I should have just painted it grey and started over but oh well...

Adrian

Attachments

• Willowdale.jpg
    Willowdale.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 143

Moze

Precision Sign Services
That looks great - nice work!

I wish I knew how to do that kind of work. It seems like it would be pretty satisfying.

MikePro

didn't even notice the kerning until it was mentioned, but it still looks just fine for a GREAT piece of work!
nice job :thumb:

signmeup

Thanks for the positive reviews guys. What's this "kerning" you speak of...
(The sign is meant to be viewed from the far left.)

:rolleyes:

The "Willowdale" font is ghostbusters BTW. (you have to change out the "O's".)

signmeup

Beautiful work... :notworthy: What paint did you use on it?

That's 9 coats of Pittsburgh semigloss latex house and trim. Like I said.. I shudda used tinted primer. It dried fast for a red latex though. The black, white and burgundy are Rustoleum latex. Fantastic stuff but only a few stock colours. (I mixed the burgundy) Go try some... you can shower me with thank-you gifts later.

signmeup

It's like old home week! Thanks Rjpjr, James, Kott, Gino, Gypsy, Marlene, Bob, Mike, Philip, Pat and RJ.