• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ANOTHER Juice Drops deal $9.99 Heads up

iSign

I wouldn't clutter up a hard drive with them

Corel will be able to access them, but I'm not sure about editability within the layers. The fact that they are all built in up to a dozen layers, makes them so much more versatile & valuable. I'm not saying Corel's photopaint (or whatever it's called) can't deal with it... just that I don't know.

They would be useable on wraps. Very high res at medium size... since it's usually background type material, it should be fine. I've only used one so far, on a 4x8. Looked great!

Bogie

And if you have enough of them...

Hard drive space is cheap. Buy an external drive, and dedicate it to your clipart collection. No, wait, buy two, and stick one in the safe...

iSign

shelf space is cheaper.

I honestly can't see any advantage to storing them on a drive, except to illegally sell the discs afterwords.

The disc sleeves have an image catalogue, so by the time you find an image thumbnail you want to use... the disc is in your hand already...

but... to each, his own.

Bogie

I've already got a buncha clipart, fonts, etc., etc... I've got a couple of search programs, thumbnail viewers, etc., and it's just easier to just click over to Drive G, and take a quick look...

John L

Will they work in Flexi8? I don't have Photoshop. I notice that Flexi will import .psd but would the layers be selectable, editable, etc?

iSign

actually, now that you explain it, that does sound kinda convenient Bogie... with all different clipart collections on there. I tried out Extensis to see if that would be worth the effort... I got lazy and never really gave it a chance. What thumbnail viewer do you use?

GARY CULY

JOHN L..yes you can open them in flexi 8..just cant manipulate[sp] layers ..now i have been open ing them in an old p.s.. and deleting some of the layers i dont want [there very busy],,,then saving whats left..itll open in flexi ,do what you want with it ,seems to just be another bitmap when you get it in there ...mask it for fills,use i as backgroud ....there very unique and i honestly dont see how anyone could produce the "parts" within them in p.s. as quickly as just opening one up and using the pieces you want ...i ve had issues with the colors printing like what on screen but thats my problem not having settings right ,etc ...the files are real good,,just my .02

GARY CULY

just another note john l. i have an old p.s. 7 ,bought for i think 25.00 .you really need a p.s. in your puter of some kind so you can use plug-ins with flexi ..dont know how it works [dont really care] but say with alien skins, you need a p.s. in there so at the bottom of flybar about bitmaps it enables the plug-in to be accessed there...dont have a clue how it works but it does

Bogie

Well, I'm generally lazy - I've gotta coupla thumbnail thingies that shipped with collections, so I'll click the first one I see... Or I'll just do a quick filename search - "pumpkin" will return a bunch... then it's just windoze and icons...