• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another mural in Wisconsin

Joe Diaz

I never thaught about projecting an image off the 'canvas'. Glad to see these unique ways of painting are been done in an age where everything seems to be printed. In this job the poor versacamm was bypassed!
What is used at the end of the job to seal and protect this...clear coat perhaps..
Is there any other unique practical way that large murals sketches are put down...
Actually the Versacamm was used. We used it to print pounce patterns and also for color swatches that aided us when mixing the paint colors we want. We could have not used the printer or other "newer" technology and I'm sure it would have turned out great, but we are firm believers in embracing both the old and the new and using them together for the best results. Without newer technology it would have taken much longer to do this job and as much as we enjoy promoting the art of hand painting, we also want these jobs to be profitable too, otherwise we might go broke just for a cause and then have to get real jobs. LOL

Joe,
Where in waukesha was this? Thats where i live and close to the shop i work at but ive never seen it.

Awesome work.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//43....010713,-88.2343787,19z/data=!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

player

Really nice work!

Do you ever use the concrete vinyl material? I wonder if it is a contender to the old school methods?