• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Newbie

Raceplayhavefun

Hi, I am new here, and new to the world of sings. I stumbled onto this wonderful forum through a google search. I own an automotive performance based business and have recently added a SignWarehouse R31 cutter and LXi software. I expect that we will use this for vehicle lettering and graphics, and am hoping this will become profitable and eventually allow us to expand the offerings a bit more. I am VERY new to graphics design, and am struggling with this software package. If anyone knows of a good resource for teaching me how to operate this package your insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and nice to meet you all!
Rodney

Scott Reynolds

recently added a SignWarehouse R31 cutter and LXi software. If anyone knows of a good resource for teaching me how to operate this package your insight would be greatly appreciated!

Rodney

Manual, YouTube and playing with it for hours on end and you'll get there.

Welcome from Vegas. Scott

Oh ya, Rodney, do you have a race car?

Raceplayhavefun

Thanks for the welcomes!

I'm in search and play mode with the software and google/youtube!

Scott, I am a retired racer. I worked as a crewchief for an nhra pro race team for a while. It's been a while but I have kept that user name as it's easy to remember!

Mosh

Pretty much called college! People pay thousands to learn this stuff.
Let me guess....someone charged you too much for some race car letters
so you are just going to do it yourself.....Let me know when you are ready to
sell your printer, I have gotten a few good deal from racer want-a-be's

Jim Doggett

Hi, I am new here, and new to the world of sings. I stumbled onto this wonderful forum through a google search. I own an automotive performance based business and have recently added a SignWarehouse R31 cutter and LXi software. I expect that we will use this for vehicle lettering and graphics, and am hoping this will become profitable and eventually allow us to expand the offerings a bit more. I am VERY new to graphics design, and am struggling with this software package. If anyone knows of a good resource for teaching me how to operate this package your insight would be greatly appreciated!

Rodney

Setup videos and more are here: http://rsupport.signwarehouse.com/

Also, many R Series users participate in Q&As at www.signwarehouse.com/forums

Best,

Raceplayhavefun

Pretty much called college! People pay thousands to learn this stuff.
Let me guess....someone charged you too much for some race car letters
so you are just going to do it yourself.....Let me know when you are ready to
sell your printer, I have gotten a few good deal from racer want-a-be's

UMMMM, not against paying good money for an education! This is not my primary field by any means. I'd like to learn enough to get started. If it looks like it will take off I am happy to hire someone with the proper knowledge to run the equipment. But, no, the price has never been an issue. Where I am located finding someone to do quality work in a reasonable time frame is the biggest issue. What it costs is irrelevant. Sounds like you've had issue with the so-called racers complaining about your costs? I see that with the oval track racers so we don't do much work with them. As far as selling the plotter? I can see that happening. When I move up to the next piece of equipment. I'll let you know when that happens. In the mean time, when you get ready to sell out, please let me know. I may be ready for an upgrade!

Mr Doggett, thank you for the links! :goodpost: I had somehow missed the forums on signwarehouse.

Rodney

C

ColoPrinthead

UMMMM, not against paying good money for an education! This is not my primary field by any means. I'd like to learn enough to get started. If it looks like it will take off I am happy to hire someone with the proper knowledge to run the equipment. But, no, the price has never been an issue. Where I am located finding someone to do quality work in a reasonable time frame is the biggest issue. What it costs is irrelevant. Sounds like you've had issue with the so-called racers complaining about your costs? I see that with the oval track racers so we don't do much work with them. As far as selling the plotter? I can see that happening. When I move up to the next piece of equipment. I'll let you know when that happens. In the mean time, when you get ready to sell out, please let me know. I may be ready for an upgrade!

Mr Doggett, thank you for the links! :goodpost: I had somehow missed the forums on signwarehouse.

Rodney
:ROFLMAO:
I like this guy.
Welcome from Colorado. It sounds like you have the right idea about bringing someone in to help. They might help your plan take off more quickly with design talent.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Hello Welcome from California you can probably find a lot of tutorials and information through this forum alone and if you want hands on I would definitely check out youtube