• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another nifty thing for keeping T-posts taught with banners

Here:

View attachment 143175

Didn't see any other references to banners or their installation.

Anyway, I didn't say you couldn't. I don't have that kinda influence, I merely said, I didn't see the need for your nitpicking what the rest of the industry thinks and believes.
The three banners you speak of most have been by some freak accident, but since they're working all that good, by all means start suggesting that method to the masses, like ya did here.

I already said, plies come in odd numbers, not even.... not that I know of.
As someone said recently..... we can agree to disagree, in that your methods are quite unique and most likely not gonna take hold with most professionals, unless they are using old sh!t laying around and didn't make it their primary procedure.

That image is from a manufacturer's catalog that our site links to, not from our actual website.

There's no "what the industry believes" about it. I'm simply stating a mere observation based on what I've seen the locals do around here. I don't install banners, nor do I suggest how the locals do it, it just is what it is. They mount them to a cheap sheet of plywood and I see absolutely no harm or foul in that practice as there is no need to keep posts taut and the banners look more presentable this way, in my opinion. It's no different than a billboard, just a smaller version.

It could just be a Menards thing or a regional thing, but here's the plywood I'm referring to. They also have it in 3 ply, it looks like.

https://www.menards.com/main/buildi...4-c-13331.htm?tid=-2860472924092767870&ipos=1
https://www.menards.com/main/buildi...02-c-13331.htm?tid=7912602111777969522&ipos=1

no, the crazy part is where you assume the cost of materials is where you make profit.....

I'm not selling plywood to our customers. I'm selling them banners. If they want to mount them to plywood between posts, that's their choice. I'm simply stating that the reason why people use plywood to back their banners is because it's an economical way to preserve the integrity of the banner, nowhere near the cost if they were to buy the same banner as an MDO sign. Not to mention it's much more presentable.

I literally said "Mounting the banner to plywood between posts is the best way all-around to display a banner." Prove that statement wrong.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yeah - stapling banner to wood for a short term, economical display is a stupid idea......

ramp wrap.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yo...... GAC05, do you think they know that cars is parked at a yellow curb ?? It's gonna get a ticket. Just saying.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I find the best way to sell a banner is rolled up in a tube. This implies that it's the customers responsibility to put it up, as well as keeps them from viewing all of the banding before they go out to put it up. Make certain to tape the tube up well, otherwise they may peek before they've paid. Always offer to get the permit for the customer, and tack another $50 there for ultimate profitability.
huh?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think this one is getting way to complicated. If you use plywood you have to dig holes and put posts in there, and use a screwdriver to mount the wood. That's a whole nuther level than pounding a few t-post stakes into the ground. I just made the suggestion that the straps are a simple way to keep them up for longer than a few weeks.