• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Observation................... not so funny

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not really sure when the rules changed, but I was always taught when coming to the curb, before crossing, look both ways...... and for safety's sake, look back & forth again while crossing the street.

I've noticed for years this changing and people look at you as if they want to do battle with you.... their flesh against the metal of your automobile.

People seem to dare you to hit them, by not even looking both ways when they cross, but they don't even pay attention, WHILE they're crossing. :frustrated:

Who do they think they are ??

Why is this attitude considered :cool1:.... it could frickin' kill them.

Now, I know to stop at stop signs, traffic lights, school buses and many other well marked situations, but why is it, the pedestrians don't have to be careful at all and the burden of their safety has become mine 100% ??

I understand people can't walk while talking on a cell phone these days, so maybe it should be illegal for someone to walk and talk on a cell phone when outside. Afterall, they could cause accidents.

Marlene

it's all part of the "it's all about me" thing that seems to be going on. it isn't me just getting old and cranky, it seems to be every where. walk thru a mall and stay in your "lane" and don't move for those walking at you on your side at you to see what happens. they will walk right into you as they expect the world to move for them.

2B

the fact that society has turned into a "sue for the fun of it" has also become apparent

case in point the hot coffee from McDonald's, she spilled the drink in her lap and yet it is McDonald is in the wrong.

so everyone is looking for the opportunity to get their for no effort

sfr table hockey

See the same thing up here. Once they push that button to cross they go... no matter what. And worse is when one car has stopped they don't look around that car to make sure the next lane stops.

How is it that those people don't get it.... and there is a good chance in 5 min they are the one, in that car, that does not pay attention.

Colin

Here too Gino. It seems like they feel that that all asphalt is for peds. I see 'em walking in areas that are clearly for vehicular traffic (especially parking lots) and give you the bi stink-eye when you approach them from behind. Good grief folks, use the crosswalks & sidewalks, and maybe pay attention to those big flashing red hand signs at the intersections - it means don't walk!

edited: fixed typo: "clearly"

thinksigns

SnowFlake
case in point the hot coffee from McDonald's, she spilled the drink in her lap and yet it is McDonald is in the wrong.

Watch the documentary "Hot Coffee" and I think your opinion of that incident would change. You can also do a google image search for hot coffee lawsuit.

ICeMAnAbk

depends. I know when I lived in NYC, people would run your *** over and call you a dumbass while doing it. Though, the mentality there was, if you step off the curb, you're free game.

Military base.... ahhhhhhh! people walking, no matter what, ALWAYS have right of way. if you don't stop, they freak out on you. Lot of cities for some reason have adopted this as well. Personally I think if you're dumb enough to walk infront of a car you deserve what you're asking for. The me me me attitude is def part of that.

SD&F

We live in a society that takes no responsibility for anything. I am sure that they feel if they are hit, it's your fault and you will PAY. Not to mention, there are just tooo many D--mb-sses out there that really are taking up space.

VolunteerSign

On the flip side, I walk from the shop to the local "hang-out" for breakfast every morning. More than once I have been IN THE CROSSWALK, after the light changed to red, with one lane of traffic stopped and had to dodge more than one idiot that doesn't think red lights, crosswalks and pedestrians pertain to him.

sfr table hockey

On the flip side, I walk from the shop to the local "hang-out" for breakfast every morning. More than once I have been IN THE CROSSWALK, after the light changed to red, with one lane of traffic stopped and had to dodge more than one idiot that doesn't think red lights, crosswalks and pedestrians pertain to him.

See.... that was the guy who does not look when he crosses the street....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess what got me started was, last Friday, an ambulance was barreling down the street with sirens and lights going, while two girls began to cross the street in front of it. They stopped and confronted the driver and I guess he got p!ssed and honked the big fog horn and scared them and they still stood in front.... challenging this guy.

A little background.... where this took place, it is a busy intersection and about 5 blocks from the Reading Hospital, so this sort of vehicle is at this intersection many times a day.... and night. So, with lights flashing and sirens blaring, and a few blocks from the hospital, one would think there is a very sick or injured person inside.... on his/her way to the hospital for some sort of treatment. I mean, this takes a nano-second to isolate what's going on and have your mind come up with.... :omg: I'd better move out of the way in a hurry.

Nope. Not for these girls. :rolleyes:
So, the rest of the day and Saturday I watched closely at how stoopid people are when and while crossing the street.

So, let's think about this. Do they or do they not have ambulances and hospitals in Latin countries or territories ??
Yes, they do, cause I've been there and they work the same way, just the sirens have a slight accent.
So, why don't these idiots up here heed our warnings ??
Perhaps, it's just another gringo on the bus.... or perhaps it's their brother from the gang just got shot........
All the same, get the fug out of an ambulance's way, especially when sirens and lights are going.

We stopped by Wal-Mart Saturday and those mental giants have huge pedestrian lanes which a car must stop immediately for pedestrian traffic. I could be going 5 miles an hour and if some kid takes off and crosses.... or better yet, some a$$hole adult walks in front of me.... I gotta stop for his sorry a$$. Wal-MArt is teaching people to dart out into traffic.

:doh: Was going to the farm to pick up milk and a guy on a tractor [garden tractor variety] pulled out on the road, which is a 55mph road and this farmer thinks he can outrun me... doing 3 miles per hour.

At the mall, I was getting some Chinese food and not in front of me, but while I was there, I saw...... not only one, but two good ones. The first one was at the end of this mall is a traffic light and while some jerk was texting while crossing over traffic [she was in a SUV] another guy going straight rammed her broadside. She said she was calling and on hold when it happened, I heard her telling a cop. That stuff is illegal while driving. The other one was some girl walking down the corridor and walked into the take-out Pizza Hut store. She evidently was in the wrong one, cause she came running out, into the parking lot, almost getting hit by a car pulling around and she looked up at the sign on the fascia and yelled a half a block away to her boyfriend/husband.... we're at the wrong place, this is Pizza Hut and we ordered from PaPa Johns. PaPa Johns is about two miles away. So, that proves people don't have a frickin' clue what to do on this earth except create problems for normal people. She's a half a block away and can't use her phone for that, but can yell like a fool. :covereyes:

Colin

Hypothesis: We've trained them to be so.

Example: Here in Canada, when a school bus comes to a stop to pick up or drop off passengers, a stop sign swings out on a hinge on the driver's side of the bus (front and rear I think) in consort with red flashing lights. As a motorist, one is not permitted to pass the bus when this is happening; from the front or behind.

All fine & good, but, after exiting the bus, some kids proceed to cross the front of the bus to get to the other side of the street, and what they fail to instruct the children to do, is to look both ways before doing so. They just run out without looking. The chances are too good that some motorist will not know that they're supposed to stop, and as the kids charge out from the front of the bus, BANG! Dead.

This, I suggest, instils the sense of entitlement and invincibility in the young forming minds of the children, instead of "assuming nothing," and, "caution makes for a long life".

OlsonSigns601

Its something about walking in a Walmart Parking lot. You only focus is to get through the door, nothing can stop you.

Anyone driving in a wallmart parking lot should know that people are like ducks or geese. They are walking, they are not looking and you better just give them the right away.

Colin

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPW8xmI4w6U

This was a local story for me. I think it made national headlines. What a bozo.

We still talk about it!!

Where are we going with this technology? Whilst in a big city yesterday, I walked by this Starbucks and noticed that EVERYONE inside and out were hypnotized by their smart phone or laptop. I suspect that the internet in creating a generation of socially inept individuals.

Attachments

• Detached.jpg
    Detached.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited: