• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another of those Camo Wraps

Roen

A long-time customer of ours decided to order himself up some camo for his personal truck from Realtree.com. He brought it in over the weekend and had us give him a hand in applying it.

I've never personally been a fan of hunting camo myself, but it definitely did make the truck look hella' better then the paint underneath it. The vinyl itself was 3M Controltac and applied beautifully. The kicker for me was the matte finish and the way it applied, it didn't seem over-lammed but still worked fantastically, much more so then the Arlon 6000x and 6000xrp we've been using for a few years now. :thumb:

The job itself only took an afternoon and an evening with the two of us chiseling away at it, the vinyl was excellent and the only issue was him watching us do it and trying to help. :frustrated:

- Roen

Attachments

• P8130011.jpg
    P8130011.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 142
  • P8130012.JPG
    P8130012.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 126

jiarby

I am sure the wrap was great, but I hate these Camo patterns that repeat.... it really sticks out like a sore thumb.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I am sure the wrap was great, but I hate these Camo patterns that repeat.... it really sticks out like a sore thumb.

Your right about that. Looks like stripes. Can't you buy the wrap material already printed? If so, from whom?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The stock product from these companies is calendard 160c printed with UV inks and the printer prints a UV liquid lam. It has a nice matte finish.

Your install looks good, but be prepared for complaints about your install failing. This material is not made for complex curves and your customer brought you the wrong material for the job. Not trying to be negitive, just want you to be prepared if there is a problem.

www.CamoWraps.com will print on cast 180Cv 1 or 3 with a cast matte lam if you ask.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Calendared & repeating...? Eww. Printing Bushwolf's patterns onto 3M Cast full size with NO repeats is the BEST way to go. So you don't have little logo's hidden in it that say Real Tree or Mossy Oak...so what. Just my .02¢