• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Vintage Sign

High Octane

Did this one for my uncle for Christmas.....he's a John Deere nut so I figured an old vintage JD sign with his last name above it might be cool...he's into the old JD and antique crap..1/2" mdo and paint, sand paper and chains.

Attachments

• Hammonds.jpg
    Hammonds.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 131

3dsignco

Those are so cool. Gonna have to try one. But I don't think I can get the sae effect with vinyl.:scream::scream:

High Octane

Naw...ya really gotta go with paint...I guess you could do a digital print..but that might look kinda hokey...the paint adds to the vintageness of it....vinyl just wouldn't cut it...no vinyl graphics back in the day ya know.

SignManiac

Wonder if they make a filter to use with a digital print for that effect?
I'm too lazy to mess with paint anymore :)

GP

Man, you painters blow my mind. I can't imagine hand painting that smaller stuff.

I owe to myself to try this out!

I think I am going to get myself a set of brushes for Christmas. Any recommendations for a starter kit?

Keep up the good work!

GP

Service Sign Co

That looks great. Is that a computer generated pattern ,hand drawn pattern or a 1 shot deal? Just curious,because it looks like it could have been screen printed back in the day

saktrnch

I think I am going to get myself a set of brushes for Christmas. Any recommendations for a starter kit?

GP

Illustrator
Flexi
Wasatch
Mutoh
??

Sure is some sign, but I couldn't even do the paint by number stuff when I was a kid. Nice work.

signgal

This is beautiful! My stepdad's into the same thing. I made him a new business sign for Christmas and he took down the old one and hung it on the fence at home, right where mom can gaze at it while doing the dishes. She threatened to leave him if he didn't move it (She runs the business). Do you think she'd shoot me if I did one of these type signs for him?