• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Vintage Sign

Some of the neatest stuff I have seen - super unique and class A stuff.

I think you should make up a little "how-to" thread on your next one of these with photos. I absolutely love it.

OldPaint

Man, you painters blow my mind. I can't imagine hand painting that smaller stuff.

I owe to myself to try this out!

I think I am going to get myself a set of brushes for Christmas. Any recommendations for a starter kit?

Keep up the good work!

GP
DICK BLICK, sells brushes on line. starter QUILLS.............i would get a #2, 4, 8 & 12. can be either GRAY or BROWN.............at this point. get small cans of 1shot, red, black, white, blue, green and yellow, with these you can make most other colors.
when you get the NEW BRUSHES......before you put any paint in them...........get a small lipped RECTANGULAR TRAY of some sort........say 6-8" long, 2-3" wide, buy a quart of 10 TO 30W NON-DETERGENT motor oil.lay the brushes in tray, and put just enough oil in tray to cover the hairs on the brushes. let set for a day so the oil can seep into the "heel" of the brush(the area just below the twisted wire. doing this will keep paint from getting up in there.......and ruining the brush.
prior to using brush...............wash out in mineral spirits/turps. this will remove oil. with a soaked brush, lay handle in palm of one hand, with hairs down at the heel of the hand, now put other hand on top of that and other hand......now roll the handle back and forth.....by rubing hands back and forth...... this will remove any fluids from hair. this is also how you clean them......then PLACE BACK IN OIL TRAY when done.