• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anti graffiti on a cube van?

Sticky Signs

Got a call from a guy with a cube van that keeps getting tagged. My first idea is of course anti graffiti lam. He doesn't want any graphics on the van, just the ability to easily remove the graffiti. He just wants to do the 2 sides and the back. Now here's the kicker. The cube has rivets.
I've never used anti graffiti lam before so I don't know much about it. I talked to a friend of mine that's used it in the past and he doesn't exactly have great things to say about the stuff. First, it doesn't conform, second, it's not entirely graffiti proof. Yikes, I already don't like the sounds of this.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? What did you do? How where the results? Is there a better way to solve this problem? Can you recommend a good anti graffiti lam that is conformable - if such a thing exist?

Thanks
D

petepaz

buy a gun..guard the van ... shoot anyone that comes close with a a paint can in their hand

so where you planning on laminating vinyl and then wrapping the box truck
or just putting the laminate right on the truck

where you may have a problem is the anti graffiti lam i have seen is polyester and i don't think polyester will conform all that well

it might be more work and time but maybe you can set up a pattern in the computer and cut holes where the rivets are located and then put the vinyl/laminate on

good luck with this one

johnnysigns

He's either got to keep cleaning the tags up or have someone do pieces on the sides so that kids won't continue tagging the truck.

Sticky Signs

Thanks for the input. I told the guy to measure his truck and send me the numbers. I'll see if he gets back to me. I'd hate to say it, but I hope this one turns out to be a tire kicker.

signswi

Wrap it in a design that looks like a graffiti'd wall and let the kids go nuts. Incorporate the problem into your solution!

shakey0818

you could always have the truck painted with a anit graffiti paint and put a clear type of sheeting or vinyl over your lettering if they make it and just wash it off the truck and replace the clear protective film

Patrick46

I hope this one turns out to be a tire kicker.

WRONG!!!!

If you ain't gonna make shop rate + a profit...why would you do it then anyway???

Take whatever figure you come up with, and DOUBLE IT. If he still wants to do it, then fine. Smile all the way to the bank, and take the crew out for dinner and a movie on this guy's dime!! :thumb:

Brandon708

someone has to invent huge white post-its for sides of box trucks. Every time it gets tagged just take off the top sheet.

Brandon708

On another note

Tell him to get the sides of the box truck with graphics and his logo on it (wrap). Most likely graffiti artists wont write on it if it's not completely white.