• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any experience with "Pounce Kits" for summa d60 and other creative work?

hi everyone,
i´m a happy owner of summa D60, and looking for any tips about "Pounce Kits & Accessories", to create stencils for wall painting , even screen printing for my family and friends as well as cutting thick stencils for deep blasting or creating very detailed stencils for blasting by laser printer in combination with some type of U.V. Vellum, Laser Film that you can use in the laser printer to print out stencils without cutting.
your valuable suggestions or tips are appreciated
:thankyou:

Last edited:

imaSIGNr

Hard to understand your question...I bought a pounce kit for my cutter, not the same as yours. I have never used it. I think it is too hard on your machine. get a pounce wheel and do it by hand. You still have to hand cut your stencil...

Techman

Pounce wheel is much faster.. I have a pounce kit for my cutter,, it takes too long. .. I plot the letters on paper and them pounce it myself. then turn it over and sand the back side. much better results.

imaSIGNr

Pounce wheel is much faster.. I have a pounce kit for my cutter,, it takes too long. .. I plot the letters on paper and them pounce it myself. then turn it over and sand the back side. much better results.
Right On.... and then some....

hi,
thanks for your tips.
i´ve put all my questions together, so it may sound strange:)
first of all, i´m interested in making stencils many different ways,
by my cutting plotter, HP laser printer and so on.
therefore, any different idea how to do it is wonderful. :)

imaSIGNr

I'm still not understanding. If you can cut out a stencil on your cutter, then you don't need a pounce pattern. A pounce pattern only makes a dotted line of holes along your line, then you transfer your pattern by chalking it with a pounce bag/box, then you must draw, paint or cut by hand.

okey,
how would you create a stencil for eg. 3 meters long paint lettering on the wall?
you cut destroy a few meters of vinyl, or to create a cheap stencil from the paper
as you said.
what is better???

imaSIGNr

okey,
how would you create a stencil for eg. 3 meters long paint lettering on the wall?
you cut destroy a few meters of vinyl, or to create a cheap stencil from the paper
as you said.
what is better???
I would definitely use a pounce pattern, but it's not called a stencil. That's where you kept throwing me off. And still I would draw out your design with your cutter using the pen on butcher paper, then pounce by hand with a pounce wheel. Then transfer your pattern to the wall .

thanks alot for your enlightening! :)
my english is not perfect, therefore, sorry for my misunderstanding.
any other tips, as well as suggestions are welcomed.
creative work is my love.

i´m sure, there must be alot of people, loved their summa friend,
playing with it, creating nice art.