• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any idea what is causing this?

Tony Rome

20140925_102624.jpg

Does it on all media, Roland SP540V printing on matte Standard setting.
Thanks!

Tony Rome

Something tells me this is a problem...is it a head or is there other things that I can do to trouble shoot first?
j (1).jpg

petepaz

i usually try least expensive options first.
manual cleanings....ink renewal......replace capping station....head soak and if none of those take it away i would call the tech to come in. might need a new head but sometimes they can work some magic we don't know about and get the life back in it.

Tony Rome

i usually try least expensive options first.
manual cleanings....ink renewal......replace capping station....head soak and if none of those take it away i would call the tech to come in. might need a new head but sometimes they can work some magic we don't know about and get the life back in it.
I have done everything but I head soak, could you explain the process?
Thanks.

Tony Rome

Would someone mind explaining how to do a head soak?
Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the help so far!

petepaz

yeah encoder strip cleaning is another one forgot about that but don't use cleaning fluid. try just a dry swab first and i think you can use regular alcohol but double check that...i repeat DOUBLE CHECK IF YOU CAN USE REGULAR ALCOHOL! for the head soak you have to lower the capping stations with the metal/tube wrench that comes with your machine. there is a hole underneath that you put the wrench through. lower the station and move your heads over. pinch the hose from the capping station of the head you want to soak (you can use a paper clip or binder clip) then fill that capping station with fluid. push the heads over and raise the capping stations back up in to position and let it soak over night. in the morning remove the clip and do a normal cleaning and test print , see what you got.

bulldozer

for me, it's almost always been a dirty encoder strip. i use the small alcohol swabs and clean both sides, but DO NOT put a lot of pressure on it. Always go the same direction if you're going to wipe it down more than once. 2 passes usually does the trick for me.

FeLiXXX

Once I have same problem.
My solution:
First turn of machine. Take some paper and soak it with sleaning solution. Remove print head from capping and put soaked paper over capping. Move head back to capping. Leave it for about 20-30min. After this take cleaning sponge swab. Soak it with solution. Wipe head and clean all ink.
In next step put head back to capping. Take syringe and pull some ink from head. You just have to remove waste bottle and put syringe on tube which goes to black head and pull some ink from the head. After this just turn on machine and start cleaning program.
I use this technique everytime when I cleaning heads.
Please note THIS IS HOW I DO! Do not blame me if something goes wrong.
Sorry for my bad english :)

Tony Rome

OK, so I assume the thing in the pic is the encoder strip that runs the length of the machine, I have never cleaned that before.
Is there an easy way to get to it and clean it, or you just have to work in that tight space?
Thanks
encoder strip.jpg

CanuckSigns

OK, so I assume the thing in the pic is the encoder strip that runs the length of the machine, I have never cleaned that before.
Is there an easy way to get to it and clean it, or you just have to work in that tight space?
Thanks
View attachment 102003

Here is a video, it's for a different model of printer, but the steps are all the same, ignore all the bits about putting the machine into maintenance mode, it's not needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiMoKWOEdvg