• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas for making a good promotion?

biggmann

While you have many good ideas here for long term strategy.

If you really wanna get some attention hand out printed matchbook condoms or, personal lube. May sound out there but, they work. No one ever forgets the guy handing out lube and condoms ever. Have done this for a few clients that didn't mind a shock and awe approach to gaining new business.

Now that would work, I cant remember the last guy that gave me a pen but I would remember the guy that gave me a condom thats for sure.

Techman

I for one think direct mail is a waste of time.
I use direct mail all the time and find it one of the 7 pillars of my marketing program.

One of the worst is yellow pages,, and the next waste of money is the local news paper ads.

Suz

Guy on the Corner passing out business cards

Okay, I drive around a certain corner every day. When it's not raining, there are often people dancing around with sandwich boards, trying to draw you for Tax Services, Pizza, whatever. However, yesterday was different and it got my attention. This is what I saw:

A guy neatly dressed in clean jeans, a work shirt, and a baseball cap. He was holding his business cards in his hand. He was standing next to a folding chair, and on the chair was a simple white sign with a black and white logo that read "_______" Brothers Drywall. That is all it said. He was walking back and forth smiling, offering business cards to whomever would take them.

I had to applaud him for his efforts, and I asked him for a business card.

It was just different, this compelled me to ask him for a card. His efforts were impressive, his appearance and presentation were impressive. I'm sure somebody that cared that much about how they looked and their willingness to do something to earn new business would mean he would invest the same efforts in a job well done if I hire him to do some drywall.

There you go.... Something different works for me!

kylekam

You might to consider having Social Media accounts (Facebook, Twitter) for your business. It's free and all you have to do is get your friends to promote your business. It may help you boost your customer awareness. OR sell some promotional products that you think your customers' need. There are businesses that are trying that strategy right now..